So I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones/earphones and because I know little about good quality headphones/earphones apart from the fact that whatever Sennheiser makes is awesome. I'm kind of tempted to give the noise-cancelling technology a try, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price. Also I've never really had headphones in a really long time (save for the open back ones I have for home, but that's not suitable for music outside the house) so I don't know if they've improved somewhat over the years and if they're a better choice than earphones.

So could the pit suggest me some decent headphones ignoring any budget considerations for now. If I don't manage to convince myself that noise cancelling or just general headphones are worth it, I'll just go buy some top of the shelf Sennheiser earphones.

Thanks
Sony MDR E10. Theyre like, $10, great for rock/metal, last awhile (ive had 4 in the past 2 years).
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I always recommend Klipsch S4's. Around $70, but great quality for earbuds. Noise isolation, and they're the only pair I've tried that actually fit in my ears.
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
Philips O'Neill Stretch are my headphone of choice. Beautiful looking, even better sounding, relatively tough, and relatively cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHO9561-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B003VNKKV2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333592769&sr=8-2

EDIT: not sure how I forgot the main reason I love my pair of these: They're extremely light-weight and comfortable on pretty much anyone.
Last edited by godisasniper at Apr 4, 2012,
I have some sweet Samsung noise cancelling earphones that I've been using recently. Not too bad for finding them in my front yard.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by MidniteHaze
Sony MDR E10. Theyre like, $10, great for rock/metal, last awhile (ive had 4 in the past 2 years).

in what demented parallel universe is this a while?
if your headphones break, Get sony MDR V150s I used to break headphones all the time, and I've had these for years. Plus they're dirt cheap. The sound quality isn't the best, but it's insanely good compared to iPod earbuds, or anything else in their price range.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
http://iairmaxshoes.com/ Nike Air Max Shoes,Nike Shox Shoes-iairmaxshoes.com

Online Store:

Cheapest Nike Air Max Shoes 2011 $88

Cheapest Nike Air Max Shoes 24-7 $72.99

Cheapest Nike Air Max Shoes 90 $68.88

Cheapest Nike Air Max Shoes jordan 5 $72.22

Cheapest Nike Shox R4 Shoes $71.99

Cheapest Nike Air Max 95 Shoes $61.99

Cheapest Nike Air Max LTD Shoes $62.88

Cheapest Nike Air Max Griffey Shoes $88.88

http://iairmaxshoes.com/ Nike Air Max Shoes,Nike Shox Shoes-iairmaxshoes.com
Well if you're looking for just a basic cheap set, I would recommend these

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Earbud+Headphones+-+Black/2204105.p?id=1218314738637&skuId=2204105&st=/&cp=2&lp=3

They'll cost you around 30 bucks. Very basic, but sound great! They're also very comfortable (and I'd know because I had a problem with headphones not sitting in my ear right, but these sit great)

EDIT: Sound quality does go down if you play your music really loud, but if you stay below 3/4 volume it shouldn't be a problem
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

Last edited by nbur4556 at Apr 4, 2012,
Quote by MidniteHaze

Interesting you mention this Sony series.

I'm currently using Sony MDR-EX10, and I think they're great. I was using Sony MDR-EX50, but that got into the washing machine and spoiled. Couldn't do without music, so I just grabbed a cheaper one in the same series (shop didn't stock them. :S)

They're both great, and with a snug fit, they can noise-cancel pretty well in lightly to moderately noisy environment. In extremely noisy environments, their usefulness becomes limited, though I don't think there are many, if any, headphones that can handle that type of situation well anyway.

They're also durable. Probably would've lasted me a long time if I hadn't got the last one into a water environment. The plug is L-shaped, so that may be it (my previous earpieces almost always failed at the plug).

Get the EX50 if you can, but the EX10 is pretty close too.
Quote by ul001
I like beats headphones, they are fashionable and have good bass!

ಠ_ಠ
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by ul001

I have Beats. They're big and make my ears sweaty. Very fashionable.
Quote by ul001

They are fashionable for wiggers and the bass is overinflated at the expense of detail, midrange and soundstage. Very few people have any idea of what a good set of headphones actually sound like.
I use a pair of Sennheiser CX300II, and I think they're pretty good for the price.
They last a long time, as long as you remember to keep your ears clean.

They're usually £40, but sometimes can be £30 when on offer.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Gaiad

Yep I have these too they are amazing. All my other ones kept breaking but these are pretty sturdy- not to mention they sound great with a manly bass to them unlike a lot of others. They will put hair on your tits.
I have some sweet Samsung noise cancelling earphones that I've been using recently. Not too bad for finding them in my front yard.
I suggest really cheap ones. I buy them from Dollarama. The reason--they break easily. I used to buy Bose earbuds from Future Shop. They cost $99. but they would eventually get tangled. Sooner or later, the cord gets "yanked" really hard and then the ear piece goes dead. Listening though one ear just sucks, so eventually you have to buy another. What do you prefer to pay--$99 or $1.

ron666
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376965730&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+pc+360

I use these... Because it's a gaming headset, it;s a bit higher on the mids, however, any decent EQ will cut that out. For what it is, it has amazing sound quality. They're insanely comfortable, however, I have only had them for about six months, so I really don't know how durable they are.

Also, they are probably the clearest headphones I personally have ever used. I don't think I've ever been able to pick out the 2nd french horn in any orchestra until I got these.

However, there is absolutely NO noise cancelling. You could hear, perfectly clearly clearly, somebody sitting next to you.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at Aug 19, 2013,