Page 1 of 2
I saw this on AOTS. It's way too badass.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
This is way too cool.

I love being an astronomy geek.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Dangit. I thought I had found a new wallpaper by the sound of the thread title. Not that this isn't awesomely cool.

Can someone who knows more about things than me explain the black dots in the centre of the stars:
Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:
(Invalid img)
Is it just the way the photos are taken? Or is it aliens?
RIP Gooze

cats
just think, there may be intelligent life in one or more planets orbiting those stars. amazing.
Quote by mulefish
Can someone who knows more about things than me explain the black dots in the centre of the stars:
(Invalid img)

Problem with the photo. The person below you said it's probably a planet passing in front of the star relative to us, but the likelihood of this is astronomically low (haha.)
My God, it's full of stars!
Just think, the reapers are lying in wait to revert all life back down to its primordial stages, oh John Shepard where out thou?
Well whenever I want to feel insignificant, I can just look at this and be reminded the the smallest dots on here are thousands of time larger than the planet we spend our pathetic, meaningless existence on.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by King Of Suede
Well whenever I want to feel insignificant, I can just look at this and be reminded the the smallest dots on here are thousands of time larger than the planet we spend our pathetic, meaningless existence on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZsppOw2Mxk

EDIT: Silly Zerg
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by NothingRocks
It's probably a planet passing by the sun causing an eclipse
Nah.

stratkat
Cool galaxy bro.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by NothingRocks
It's probably a planet passing by the sun causing an eclipse

I wanted to say it was a black hole
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I saw some sort of blue box...
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Which galaxy is this?

I think it's gotta be the Milky Way. They wouldn't be able to get this high quality picture from this angle of any other galaxy.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
after looking at this for some time its kinda getting to me... i keep saying to myself, there are too many stars, too many, how can there be so many stars. my brain hurts.

what up with the blue rectangles?

anyone find any black holes yet?
this should be galaxy wheres waldo

woah this is gonna keep me occupied for some time
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Apr 5, 2012,
This thread deserves more views. Bask in the majesty of the cosmos! Well in this case a SINGLE galaxy among billions and billions...
Quote by mulefish
*pic*

I wonder about this too. Can't be planets. (chance too small and too many dots, dots too large, all dots perfectly in the center of the star)
Anyone know? "Probably" isn't good enough.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
I so want to view this but can't. Damn the company blocking sites!
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Wow, that area in the top side of the direct center looks incredible, it looks so ridiculously compacted zoomed up but all that stuffs probably millions of miles apart.
Quote by Zeropathic
I wonder about this too. Can't be planets. (chance too small and too many dots, dots too large, all dots perfectly in the center of the star)
Anyone know? "Probably" isn't good enough.

Just some visual artefact from however the images was captured?
So many stars. How many of these stars have planets orbiting them. How many of these planets are the right distance away to have the necessities of life. People say that there aliens don't exist, then look at this amazing picture.

Found what I think is the remains of a supernova. If I'm wrong and made myself look like an idiot, let me know.
The area to the right of it's pretty sweet, too. If you can make out the position of my screen on the upper right, check it out. (A bit to the left of the single empty square near the top left of galactic center)
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Page 1 of 2