Page 1 of 2
Marshalls facebook page has just posted that Jim Marshall has died. Although i'm not the biggest fan of modern marshall he brought out some amazing amps.
RIP
It is with profound sorrow that we announce the passing of our beloved founder and leader for the past 50 years, Jim Marshall. While mourning the Guv’nor though, we also salute a legendary man who led a full and truly remarkable life. Jim’s ascent into the history books as ‘the Father of Loud’ and the man responsible for ‘the Sound of Rock’ is a true rags-to-riches tale. Cruelly robbed of his youth by tubercular bones, Jim rose to become one of the four forefathers responsible for creating the tools that allowed rock guitar as we know and love it today to be born. The ground breaking quartet also included the late, great trio of Leo Fender, Les Paul and Seth Lover – together with Jim, they truly are the cornerstones of all things rock. In addition to the creation of the amps chosen by countless guitar heroes and game changing bands, Jim was also an incredibly humble and generous man who, over the past several decades, has quietly donated many millions of pounds to worthy causes. While the entire Marshall Amplification family mourns Jim’s passing and will miss him tremendously, we all feel richer for having known him and are happy in the knowledge that he is now in a much better place which has just got a whole lot louder! Rest in Peace & thank you Jim. Your memory; the music and joy your amps have brought to countless millions for the past five decades; and that world-famous, omnipresent script logo that proudly bears your name will always live on. An online condolences site will be available shortly which we welcome you to leave your messages on. An announcement will be made when this will be accessible.

http://www.facebook.com/marshallamps
Last edited by RockGuitarist09 at Apr 5, 2012,
not a fan of british sounding amps, but damn, thats sad..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Crushing Obituary!
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 5, 2012,
inb4 who?

RIP
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Rip
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Great man.

RIP
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.

You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
RIP Di... eh Jim
Quote by Represent
ITT: Immature twats
I've never been a huge Marshall fan, especially thier newer stuff, but that's just my opinion. Obviously, ignoring my preferences, enough people use Marshalls to suggest that they got something right in a lot of peoples eyes. I've got to respect them as a company for what they've achieved, and what they've given us musicians. RIP Jim Marshall.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
It's decent legacy to leave behind, at least. Kinda curious as to what causes he donated to.

inb4lineofoverpricedmemorialamps
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
Sad day in Rock N' Roll History. RIP Father Of Tone!!

I'mma catch flack for this, GOD AM I GONNA!
BUT HERE GOES:

NO NO NO NO! GOD NO! Tone? WTF U mad (read: insane) braH?

Father of tone?
Whoever invented the plethra of other amps outside of this overrated pos company... amps like orange/fender/high-watt/etc...

ignorance? Maybe! But still, Most if not all Marshal stacks suck.. it's why noone today or in too many bands had them for recording or live... yea you saw the stacks on stage, but they were dummies for the most part.

Ducks the incoming barrage of rotten fruit/veggies, and other assorted items while running out the back (of) stage door!

Though, I give props to marshal for coming up with the largest amp company that managed to fake their way into popularity!

-----------

Ducks again as the mob comes after me with pitch forks and torches.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Quote by Outside Octaves
*Troll Bullshit*

You really are a retarded troll.

Quote by Outside Octaves
Nice troll dig! .

Mine wasn't a troll. Total and completely real, and the way I feel .

Then you can get out of this thread

rip? you mad?

R.I.A.G.O.O.B.M.W.I.H jim

a glorious orchestra of blazing marshalls wheeping in harmony, that is.

and thanks for creating the sound on many of my favorite albums
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
I shall go home later and crank the shit out of my vintage modern. One of the best modern Marshalls by miles.
Quote by Outside Octaves
I'mma catch flack for this, GOD AM I GONNA!
BUT HERE GOES:

NO NO NO NO! GOD NO! Tone? WTF U mad (read: insane) braH?

Father of tone?
Whoever invented the plethra of other amps outside of this overrated pos company... amps like orange/fender/high-watt/etc...

ignorance? Maybe! But still, Most if not all Marshal stacks suck.. it's why noone today or in too many bands had them for recording or live... yea you saw the stacks on stage, but they were dummies for the most part.

Ducks the incoming barrage of rotten fruit/veggies, and other assorted items while running out the back (of) stage door!

Though, I give props to marshal for coming up with the largest amp company that managed to fake their way into popularity!

-----------

Ducks again as the mob comes after me with pitch forks and torches.

so much wrongness in one post, its almost as if you take pride in stupidity.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Rock in Peace bro.

If I still had my Marshalls, I'd be cranking them just for you buddy.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Outside Octaves
shite

I hope you're trolling, but countless legendary rock groups from the last 50 years have relied on "that tone", with a common consensus of "it just has to be a Marshall." You can hardly overestimate how widely used his amps were.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Knew it was only a matter of time after Les Paul died. RIP Jim, you changed the face of rock forever.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by rocknroll93
not a fan of british sounding amps, but damn, thats sad..

'British sounding'? Is that something like feedback but with an accent?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'British sounding'? Is that something like feedback but with an accent?

It's when you play it through a pipe and stuff slippers in the cab.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Page 1 of 2