I have an ec-1000 with the esp locking tuners. I tune my guitar after practice each night, but the next evening, the guitar has dropped in pitch just a bit, requiring me to tune up again before each practice. Any ideas as to what is slipping or causing this? The tuning remains stable while I'm playing, although I don't do much bends, but when the guitar is idle for a few hours, it slowly goes out of tune.
One thing just occured to me, I don't think my guitar gets direct sunlight uring the day, but my apartment probably warms up a few degrees and cools again in the night. Could that stretch the strings or neck in some way, causing it to gently slip?
That's probably it. Leave it for a day longer than you do now so it's been idle for 36-40 hours, then see if it detunes any more than usual and if it doesn't- it's the heat. It could respond similarly to pressure (doubt this is an issue) or humidity.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Yeah it's just temperature.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
coud be a broken headstock, a little extreme yes, but possible. the headstock on my sg, got a little banged up without me knowing, and kept going out of tune everyday, untill i notice a huge crack on the back of the headstock a week later. couldnt hurt to get a get a closer look, if there is a crack, tuning up everytime is just making it worse...
just a thought
its perfectly normal...everyone tunes their guitar before they play
Quote by '93

not always true, i usually go days and many hours of playing before needing to retune my strat
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by pawnluv
not always true, i usually go days and many hours of playing before needing to retune my strat

ye ok some guitars hold their tuning better than other but it going out of tune naturally shouldnt be anything to be concerned over
Yeah i'v got a cort zenox z44 and the guitar will stay pretty much in perfect tune for days. My bedroom is in the basement and temperatures and humidity stay about the same. (temp low humidity high ha) But if i tune it when its cold and play later when it is warm the strings are all tighter. This doesnt really bother me unless i am playing to a song or something. Sometimes i take in account the temp and tune it a bit lower and then later it is perfect.
Quote by '93

I have Ibanez Star Tuners, none locking, and I only tune about once every 3 days...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by pawnluv

my shitty strat copy goes for days without needing a retune, and it's experiencing the same temps as my ec-1000. I guess some guitars are more affected by temp changes than others.
My squier strat holds tuning pretty well. I still make sure it's in tune before I play though.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
It's a guitar to guitar basis along with where it is and how it's affected by the weather.

ex: my davison 7 at home will stay in tune for a few days but when i travel, the tuning is either a few pitches up (going up north) or dropped (south).
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.