Hi all, I know I havent posted here much since I joined, Ive mostly just spent my time lurking and for that I apologise.

Anyway, Ive recently come into possesion of one of these bad boys

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=westone+thunder+1+bass&view=detail&id=979F28C511CF4AA5D6D6281F8D520D2E37558D57&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

Only problem is, all of the hardware needs replacing and it needs a new paint job, so Im looking for your reccomendations on this one, so what do UG?
I dont know what to put in here!
Quote by Sporkling
Only problem is, all of the hardware needs replacing and it needs a new paint job, so Im looking for your reccomendations on this one, so what do UG?

Uhm... I recommend new hardware and a paint job then...?

For hardware, i've been fairly impressed with axesrus: Fairly cheap, but alright quality. As for the paint, check out the painting/refinishing thread for tutorials.
Quote by minnis
Uhm... I recommend new hardware and a paint job then...?

For hardware, i've been fairly impressed with axesrus: Fairly cheap, but alright quality. As for the paint, check out the painting/refinishing thread for tutorials.

Thanks for the link, that looks pretty good.

When I said suggestions though, I probably should have added that I want to go crazy with this bass you know, so does anyone have any wacky ideas, Im thinking silverburst, defretted, maybe a drop tuner?
Just modding shenanigans in general
Ah, okay. Well, as it only has one pickup you can't do any crazy wiring. If you wanted to add another pickup (especially a MM-style humbucker) you could have LOTS of wiring options. My 5-string i'm building has a MM-bucker and a jazz bass pup, and will have 6 switches, and that doesnt even mess with phasing - I could have several more.

As for a drop tuner, hipshot do some nice ones, and they're not too pricey, although whether it's worth it or not depends on how much you'll use it.

You could also add an onboard preamp/EQ, although this will require routing for a 9v battery if there isn't already one.

Other than that, i'm not really sure. There's only so much you can do with a single pup bass.
Alrighty then, thanks lads, Ill have a look at those websites and Ill be sure to take plenty of photos and put them up here when I get started on it