I know there have been several "Are Joyo pedals good?" threads lately, but hold on--this isn't one of them.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Vintage Overdrive, but as I was searching I came across a second version. The normal one simply has the logo and the pedal's name. This one has an line on monkeys on the front.

Is this an older version? Is it as good as the "normal" one? Any ideas?
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
I think that the monkey paint is the older version yes. From what i've seen they're identical inside.
I love mine, and would strongly recommend it
i thought the monkey paint was the newer one

i have the monkey paint one from thomann (harley benton-branded) and the other one is joyo branded. I *think* the harley benton one has a bit more level on tap. Whether or not that's the same with all of them, i dunno.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ah maybe, I hadn't seen the rebranded ones before.
JOYO did/do monkey paint ones too and what i have read leads me to believe they were an earlier version (also that the standard company logo ones seem to be the ones currently being sold on amazon etc.). Can't comment on the level thing as i have no idea?
There may be a difference but tbh i'd just go with whichever you think looks better, it's not like the standard one is lacking
So there really shouldn't be too much of a difference even if it is the Thomann one? I found the one pedal for $27, but the website also offers a customizable pick-three pack for $80. I'm thinking about jumping on it.
The website is wtfaccessories.com (yes, they're from China). Has anyone ever dealt with them? I heard some good things from TGP, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any input.
Quote by championguitar
the freekish blues alpha drive is better than it.

It's also 3 times it's price. And the Ultimate Drive is based of the alpha drive iirc, not the Vintage Overdrive. The VO is based on a maxon od808 I believe.
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by constructbot
It's also 3 times it's price. And the Ultimate Drive is based of the alpha drive iirc, not the Vintage Overdrive. The VO is based on a maxon od808 I believe.

It's not BASED On anything.
It IS an alpha drive.
Ken just takes the joyo pedals, paints the board where it says JOYO, and adds a resistor to each pot to change the value
I'm aware of the Freekish Blues, but that's not what I'm looking for. Thanks though. Anyway, about my previous question? ^^
Quote by Rob_b_543
Ah maybe, I hadn't seen the rebranded ones before.
JOYO did/do monkey paint ones too and what i have read leads me to believe they were an earlier version (also that the standard company logo ones seem to be the ones currently being sold on amazon etc.). Can't comment on the level thing as i have no idea?
There may be a difference but tbh i'd just go with whichever you think looks better, it's not like the standard one is lacking

yep, i should have clarified, joyo has used both paint types, it's not that only the harley benton ones have the silly graphics. it might just have corresponded with a slight change to all the joyo circuits (which i've heard has happened with at least one of their pedals).

Quote by bAngiel01
So there really shouldn't be too much of a difference even if it is the Thomann one? I found the one pedal for $27, but the website also offers a customizable pick-three pack for $80. I'm thinking about jumping on it.
The website is wtfaccessories.com (yes, they're from China). Has anyone ever dealt with them? I heard some good things from TGP, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any input.

yeah they're still pretty similar.

never used wtfaccessories ( ). I bought from yoosmart and thomann. in the uk uket also stocks them. take a look on amazon, too- i know they sell them in the UK (though that might just be because they have a tie-in with uket).

Quote by championguitar
the freekish blues alpha drive is better than it.

assuming that's sarcasm,
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you were going to go for the 3-pack, and need a delay, I can vouch for their Digital Delay. It's a really good pedal for the price and does a good job of emulating an analogue delay. I also love my Ultimate Drive, it's a great pedal for the price.
wait there's a 3-pack? i probably have all of them

but yeah the delay is pretty nice if you want a warm-sounding delay

ultimate drive is nice too, but more a standalone od over a clean channel
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The three-pack is at wtfaccessories.com. Three pedals for $100 (shipping included). They also have a four- and five-pack.

I will definitely get the Vintage OD and maybe the Ultimate OD, but I have a delay. I'll probably skip wtfaccessories, though. I mean, I don't know if the savings are worth some of the potential risks. I'll stick with ebay.

Thanks, all, for you help.
yeah i know what you mean. that's fair enough
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?