Not sure if anyone is familiar with the the whole Bill Lawrence lawsuit drama, but to cut things short their are 2 companies; Bill Lawrence and Bill Lawrence USA, who split from the same company and are selling the (same?) pickups.

Bill Lawrence/Bill & Becky sell pickups that have been improved over the years as Bill is the designer.

Bill Lawrence USA/Jzchak Wajcman sell the same pickups as originals because he is a businessman and knows next to nothing about pickup desgins.

There are a lot of things on the interwebz about this massive drama including, rumours that both companies are trying to ruin each others reputation, and Wajcman is reporting sellers on ebay trying to sell the other pickups.

I mean, ffs, all I want is one bridge pickup but it's such a mess. I was going to settle for a Bill & Becky l500xl but where does one buy one of these in the UK? I found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BILL-LAWRENCE-L500XL-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-PICKUPS-DIMEBAG-/260866383952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbcd92050
legit?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Yeah there is an ongoing feud about the ownership rights to the design. I haven't tried the original bill and becky version, but the Bill Lawrence USA model was in my main gigging 6 string for many many years, still sounds fantastic and super tight upper mids. Of course this is my opinion and without any first hand experience with the Original.

In regards to your question, you could probably try and email Bill and Becky directly and get one shipped out, it wont cost an excessive amount in postage costs anyway.
Last edited by hmmm_de_hum at Apr 5, 2012,
That one looks like a Lawrence USA one, just by the thinness of the blades, but I can't be sure. I have a Bill and Becky one and I love it, though I've never tried the USA ones. I'd also be iffy about buying one non-direct from either seller, but with your shipping situation, that makes it difficult.

Bill and Becky apparently ship international, though, naturally, the shipping is very expensive. Bill Lawrence USA has a dealer in England ( http://www.billlawrenceusa.com/swampkaster/Dealer%20England.htm ) so shipping may be cheaper if you contact them directly.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Further research indicates that it is a BLUSA version, a bit of a shame really. I hear the newer B&B ones are made with alnico magnets which appeals to me (might be why the blades are thicker).
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Beezerk
I got mine from Ebay in the USA but mine say Bill Lawrence USA under the bottom blade.
Hang on...like this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bill-Lawrence-USA-L500XL-L500-XL-bridge-pickup-BLACK-/120887429846?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item1c2573cad6

Delivered in a few weeks IIRC.
How do you find them, then? I'm always hearing rumours about microphonic squeel...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
How do you find them, then? I'm always hearing rumours about microphonic squeel...

They're very noisy and lively if that's what you mean, bit of a bitch to keep quiet.
Put it this way, I got a new distortion pedal the other day so I tried both my guitars, my crappy little Ibanez fitted with L500XL was great, I plugged in my ESP Ltd Viper 400 with EMG's and it sounded like a dead rat compared, really robotic and lifeless.

Just my preference of course, I fitted my L500XL upside down as well cos I'm a Dimebag nob
Quote by Beezerk
They're very noisy and lively if that's what you mean, bit of a bitch to keep quiet.
Put it this way, I got a new distortion pedal the other day so I tried both my guitars, my crappy little Ibanez fitted with L500XL was great, I plugged in my ESP Ltd Viper 400 with EMG's and it sounded like a dead rat compared, really robotic and lifeless.

Just my preference of course, I fitted my L500XL upside down as well cos I'm a Dimebag nob
I might try and hunt some B&B pups down then, or give in to postage fees. I actually heard of them through Arjen Lucassen but I don't listen to Pantera, nor am I a fan of the tone and no-one ever seems to mention Arjen.

Out of interest, anyone know of alternatives/similar pickups to the l500xl that can provide a decent level of saturated filfth? I was thinking maybe the Gibson 500T but I'm not sure and there may be others...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB