Hi

Lately a new idea came up in my mind. The main genres I play this time are oriental and blues, thus I thought I may get a guitar which matches these styles. I checked this out and found that the ES 335 is the most common guitar in those styles (any oriental guitar player I see plays ES 335) so I think about building this one.
I have experience in guitar building. I've done one build already (altough not completed it yet) but I want building a semi hollow guitar like this is a little different.

The main question is, how do you recommend pressing the sides and the top + back? I don't have a serious workshop, therefore I can't get many tools for this job but I think I can get along with alternatives. I thought about using a tool I have, something that looks like a hair-dryer (but isn't, it works the same way but used for making fire and soldering... It takes out very hot wind...).

If you got any good recommends for me, I'd like to hear it. Thanks
i believe ive seen people just use ALOT of clamps to hold them together. dont quote me on that though
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
I know it's not exactly the same as an ES 355, but you could do what Jason Jillard did (starting post 29): Use a normal body blank with the middle routed out instead of back and sides. Then glue on a thin top as normal. Easier than the way shown in the PDF.
Quote by guitar-tin
I already know this method... But I want to get as close as possible to the original. I also admire it would be heavier if I hollow a solid piece than making the body out of curved pieces.

Fair enough. I know I wouldn't use the method in the PDF if the method JJ used produces similar results, so I wanted to make sure you were aware of all the possibilities .
Good luck with your build!