Page 1 of 2
Have you ever had any moments as a musician that made you feel like you were on top of the world? A particular moment at a gig or a particular moment writing a song that just felt incredibly awesome? Share your most badass moments as a musician
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Jamming in my bedroom.

Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
When you finally get a difficult passage or really hard solo down and can play it close to 100% or 100 correct.
Makes me feel like I'm actually decent at guitar.

So, when I walk everywhere for the rest of the day I feel like a baller... but no one else knows...

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Kneeling at the edge of the stage and making out with a hot audience member as you play a guitar solo.
Then hearing the crowd roar as you do so.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by The Pavelows

oh god, she had it coming

my moment though, is when you have a crowd singing your lyrics back to you. i admit i teared up right there on stage

This is my dream, and I'd probably do the same thing.
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Not as a musician but once at a mastodon show during dillingers set(sucky band) brent was backstage behind some cabs popping his head out and shit, i raised my rock horns to him and he pointed and did it back. epic.
MASTODON FTW
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Kneeling at the edge of the stage and making out with a hot audience member as you play a guitar solo.

Yeah, I love that feeling.
Oh, and there was that time I rocked out to 11,000 people....
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
When I drink coffee while playing, I feel so badass.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
This one time, I played an awesome solo. It blew a girl's clothes right off, and melted this Nazi's face.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The other day when I was jamming in my living room. My son walked in and started dancing around and headbanging. Was really more of a feel-good moment though, because my son was having just as much fun as I was.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
i got the runs during a solo once. i slipped and fell in it. cleanest id been in months.
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
When I met a man I later found out was a famous classical and folk guitarist at my local GC, and he complimented my playing.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

****ING. SIGGED!
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by behind_you
inb4 seeneyj's gif

You know, thats the first thing that came to mind.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by deadlydictator
Not as a musician but once at a mastodon show during dillingers set(sucky band) brent was backstage behind some cabs popping his head out and shit, i raised my rock horns to him and he pointed and did it back. epic.

Go to hell.

Uh, on topic I would have to say when you're practicing a new skill (eg. fingerpicking for me recently) and then a few months later you think back and realize how much better you've gotten.
Last edited by Dregen at Apr 5, 2012,
Actually just recently I learned a piece on piano from one of my favourite movies. I'm quite far into it and can play more that three quarters of the song. It's so badass being able to play something from a movie Awesome feel.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Well, I quite often play a Les Paul into a Marshall half stack, so I usually feel pretty badass when playing live.
Quote by JustRooster
B-string bend to the root. So much soul in one note.

I dunno about badass moments, but at Crossroads, Buddy Guy broke a string while playing "Miss You" and began singing about it in the same tempo. It was pretty good

As for me, any time I can successfully improvise and it doesn't sound like shit.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
This friend of my I gig with sometimes is a genious saxophone god. I admire his playing, and I think very highly of him and his taste, as he brought me into jazz and playing it. So whenever we have a show with our Quintet, and I hear him going "Yeah man!/Yes/etc" in reaction to my playing when Im soloing, I feel soooo amazing. Its so good to have someone you look up to and admire enjoy your playing so much as in hollaring stuff in your solo haha.

Yeah.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
This friend of my I gig with sometimes is a genious saxophone god. I admire his playing, and I think very highly of him and his taste, as he brought me into jazz and playing it. So whenever we have a show with our Quintet, and I hear him going "Yeah man!/Yes/etc" in reaction to my playing when Im soloing, I feel soooo amazing. Its so good to have someone you look up to and admire enjoy your playing so much as in hollaring stuff in your solo haha.

Yeah.

An equal appreciate between two musicians is infinitely badass. That's when you get a band that can really play.
Quote by eGraham

I dunno about badass moments, but at Crossroads, Buddy Guy broke a string while playing "Miss You" and began singing about it in the same tempo. It was pretty good

As for me, any time I can successfully improvise and it doesn't sound like shit.

That's pretty badass. Buddy Guy could play a Hello Kitty strat and still look more badass than anyone else though.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
Quote by cfhdomination
That's pretty badass. Buddy Guy could play a Hello Kitty strat and still look more badass than anyone else though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuEO1dCgzAU

Buddy Guy, Ronnie Wood, and Johnny Lang. I was there! Still can't believe it lol.

Skip to about 3:40 if you want to see the beginning of the string breakage.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuEO1dCgzAU

Buddy Guy, Ronnie Wood, and Johnny Lang. I was there! Still can't believe it lol.

Skip to about 3:40 if you want to see the beginning of the string breakage.

I had a similar thing. I went to see BB King at the Royal Albert Hall last year for a one off gig he was doing. We knew he had a special guest but didn't know who. BB King played for 45 minutes or so then Derek Trucks and his wife came out. Then Mick Hucknall, then Ronnie Wood and then Slash. I nearly shit myself with excitement. And it was filmed on DVD. Should be out soon.
You're alright, Lemon.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
We played our first proper show at a weekend festival on the Sunday as the first band, no-one had heard of us before so we expect a few people or so to be there. So we go out and the entire damned venue was full. We played for 45 minutes , went off and heard a giant roar for more. I was first to walk back out onto the stage to the sound of all those people cheering us. That was an amazing feeling.
Page 1 of 2