So I was reading the paper on train this morning and it had a section about the high homicide rate in Chicago. So far we've had 118 homicides this year, 50 in March alone. We're up 57% compared to last year from Jan-March. There have been 6 this month already. Homicide rates haven't been this high in Chicago since 2003....just lovely.

How about you guys? Crime seem to be up everywhere? I know Philadelphia is always high. I tried to find one of those lists online that shows the highest by city but I couldn't find one.

Legislators have been talking about passing the "stand your ground" bill in IL. I'm thinking this would probably be a negative thing, resulting in more deaths. What I'm curious about, is how many of these homicides were bangers killing each other and how many were innocent pedestrians.
How big is the total population of Chicago? We have 155 homicides per year on average here in the Netherlands on a population of over 16 million.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Apr 5, 2012,
Quote by Neo Evil11
How big is the total population of Chicago? We have 155 homicides per year on average here in the Netherlands on a population of over 16 million.

This is a rough estimate, but as of 2008 it was in the ballpark of 2,853,150....so likely a bit more by now, not sure if it's to 3 million or not yet
Quote by BoyLilikoi
This is a rough estimate, but as of 2008 it was in the ballpark of 2,853,150....so likely a bit more by now, not sure if it's to 3 million or not yet

So you guys have in 1/3 of a year with only 1/5 of the population, as much murders as we do. So Americans are 15x more likely to kill someone. (or be killed)
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Wikipedia
followed by only 46 (75 total in the GTA) in 2011, the lowest homicide total since 1986 representing a further dramatic decline in the city's murder rate for the fourth consecutive year.

You jelly America?
Well it's a quarter of a year not a third yet. But yeah that's just in Chicago, obviously other places are more safe, but over the span of the entire country there's sure as hell a lot more than 16 million.
Quote by BoyLilikoi
Well it's a quarter of a year not a third yet. But yeah that's just in Chicago, obviously other places are more safe, but over the span of the entire country there's sure as hell a lot more than 16 million.

Ok. A chicago person is 15x more likely to kill a person, than a Dutch citizen.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Thrashtastic15
You jelly America?

Yeah I hear you Canadians don't even lock your doors. Cray cray for shay ray
Quote by Neo Evil11
Ok. A chicago person is 15x more likely to kill a person, than a Dutch citizen.

Lol and I would say be killed, not kill. Like I said, I'm curious to know how many were just bangers killing each other, or Susies on the playground catching a stray bullet.
Quote by BoyLilikoi
Lol and I would say be killed, not kill. Like I said, I'm curious to know how many were just bangers killing each other, or Susies on the playground catching a stray bullet.

No we are going to stereotype Americans as killers. Don't try to change who you really are.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by BoyLilikoi

We don't need to because we're all so nice to each other. The murders are only isolated events because of a lack of Timbits to make up for apologies.
Toledo, OH has been pretty bad lately. Haven't watched the news for a while, so I'm not sure exactly if anything has changed
Quote by GruuvMetuhlr
Toledo, OH has been pretty bad lately. Haven't watched the news for a while, so I'm not sure exactly if anything has changed

I'm in Canton, OH, and the only homicide rate I could find here online was 2. Not sure what that is even saying (so far in the year, probably?) but it sounds decent..
Blefast's has calmed down a good bit but I reckon in the 70's and 80's we were probably murder capital of the world.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Blefast's has calmed down a good bit but I reckon in the 70's and 80's we were probably murder capital of the world.

Good old days

PSN ID: ArranP
We've had like 3 so far. And we're the nation's capital. lol

Go to Toronto, 'nother story.

Go to anywhere out west, always another story.
West Palm Beach is pretty bad, but the area I live in is relatively safe compared to other parts of the city. I'm just glad I don't live in a place like Mogadishu, Somalia.
Quote by metalblaster
We've had like 3 so far. And we're the nation's capital. lol

Go to Toronto, 'nother story.

Go to anywhere out west, always another story.

Toronto isntr that bad I live like half hour from downtown
Quote by BoyLilikoi

Yeah I never lock my door.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by RetroGunslinger

It's one of the safest cities in the UK at the moment
Quote by BoyLilikoi

dude, I'm pretty sure Chicago metro is like 9 million.

anyway, I don't know. they used to shoot the first 48 here sometimes. it's not bad though.

stand your ground gets a bad wrap. before CCW, florida was awful. my patents got held up at gunpoint in jax in broad daylight. on the interstate. that was back in the 80s though. armed crime went down over 30% when concealed carry passed. I don't know about stand your grounds effectiveness, but living near Chicago for a good chunk of life I know guns are pretty anathema up there. whereas in Vermont you don't even need a license for a firearm and they're the safest state. then again, not many ghettos or population density in VT either.
#DTWD
Cleveland...

Avoided the top ten!
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Same murder rate as TS.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by RU Experienced?
Considering I've yet to be murdered, not really, no.

Pshh speak for yourself. Ive been murdered.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard