Page 1 of 3
Today, as other Alice in Chains fans may know, is the tenth anniversary of Layne Staley's death. I would like to mention the great things he did in his life, and how it is possible to still appreciate him even if you weren't a fan of his music. I still find his death very sad and would like to make a thread in his memory,

Also, it is worth mentioning that Jim Marshall died. May he rest in peace as well.
He's one of my most favorite vocalist ever. Wish i could sing like him. RIP
Sail upon the open skies
Never really listened to Alice in Chains but he contributed a lot to music. RIP
RIP Layne. RIP Kurt. Today is not an auspicious date for grunge.

EDIT: ^Oh, you ****..
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
RIP Layne. RIP Kurt. Today is not an auspicious date for grunge.

EDIT: ^Oh, you ****..

Down in a hole. RIP
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Amazing singer and amazing person. Probably my favorite voice ever. RIP.

May Cobain and Marshall RIP, too.
Love Alice in Chains

RIP Staley

RIP DIME
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Myaccount876
The men are dead, and show some respect, whether you like their music or not.

No.

Layne had a cool voice though.
Some memories:

Layne Staley on the choruses of Man in the Box, live at the Moore theater, December 22, 1990.

Then, Layne Staley's last performance on the last chorus on Man in the Box, Kansas City, July 3, 1996. It was the last song of his last show, and he NAILED the last bit of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UheA6tBgZQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcB33JssKJY

Was jamming AIC this morning on my way to work.

RIP Layne.
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah so whole you arm eoddin this stupid forum i am moddin IRL bitch
One of my favorite singers. It's a shame he had to go down like he did. RIP
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Probably my favorite rock singer and one of my favorite frontmen.

"INTO THE FLOOD AGAIN, SAME OLD TRIP IT WAAAS BAACCKKKK THEEEN!"
Great singer. Better in the studio than live, though.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by stef123
Better in the studio than live, though.

He may have ruined his voice a bit in time, but he certainly hit his notes live from what I've seen...even at his worst his singing seemed to get if anything more distinctive
Definitely one of my favourite singers ever, and my favourite of the 90's, along with Jeff Buckley.

R.I.P.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Smack makes music better

John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Alice In Chains
Chet Baker
Jimmy Page
Megadeth circa Peace Sells
GNR circa Appetite
Scott Weiland
Kurt Cobain

Do Heroin kids. It makes you a good musician.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Apr 5, 2012,
There's a place in Seattle I park to go to the Seahawks or Mariners, and it says "Layne Lives", just spray painted in on a random building. Makes me smile when I walk past it.
I think his voice was better live. Either way it is great.

I need to travel to Seattle just to see that^. Where is it? I'll write it down.
Layne had such a great voice, new guy does a good job of sounding like him, but he doesn't quite catch those little nuances Layne does live. AiC playing now till I fall asleep.

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Smack makes music better

John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Alice In Chains
Chet Baker
Jimmy Page
Megadeth circa Peace Sells
GNR circa Appetite
Scott Weiland
Kurt Cobain

Do Heroin kids. It makes you a good musician.

Except that one taping of Under the Bridge on the tonight show. Have you seen that? Frusciante can barely play the song. Sounds wicked, but could have been better if he wasn't high.
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
U said u wanted to mention the great things he did, but you never mentioned any.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Quote by That_Hot_Guy
U said u wanted to mention the great things he did, but you never mentioned any.

The songs people posted, dumbass.
My favorite vocalist as well.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Definitely one of my favourite singers and songwriters.
Seemed like a great guy to hang around with too.
Layne was a great singer. Would have loved to see what else he could have done if he hadn't died.
Quote by Myaccount876
The songs people posted, dumbass.

Calm down.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by stef123
Great singer. Better in the studio than live, though.

I don't know about that. He may have started to lose it in their later years due to the drugs but I've seen videos of their earlier stuff and he nails it.

RIP Layne, one of my favorite singers ever
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
layne staley niggar

may he rest in peace
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
My drummer's dad did heroin w/ Layne Staley. Real talk.
Quote by due 07
My drummer's dad did heroin w/ Layne Staley. Real talk.

But is that really a good thing? He met Layne which is great, but then again...

Quote by Gorelord666

Calm down.

Sorry, I just didn't like how he came to this thread about respecting someone who passed away, and made a smart-ass comment. I can't understand how people can act that way.
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Apr 6, 2012,
I have no idea what you're on about.
I thought Alice Cooper was in Alice in Chains: that's how great the impression he made was
Quote by Myaccount876
But is that really a good thing? He met Layne which is great, but then again...

It's a great thing. He got to meet a great man doing something that brought lots of mutual enjoyment. Only way it could've gotten better is if Layne gave him a rimjob.
Quote by due 07
It's a great thing. He got to meet a great man doing something that brought lots of mutual enjoyment. Only way it could've gotten better is if Layne gave him a rimjob.

???

Quote by BlackLuster
I have no idea what you're on about.
I thought Alice Cooper was in Alice in Chains: that's how great the impression he made was

We're on about his vocals. Don't agree? We all seem to, so it is just you which is your loss. Show us vocals that are just as stunning and powerful and then your opinion will become valid.
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Apr 6, 2012,
Layne would never give anybody a rimjob, that's gross and he had principles.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 3