Page 1 of 2
I know I, as many people, are having trouble with getting into playing guitar solos. So, I was wondering if people would share some of their first guitar solos they learned from other bands, which led them to get better. Maybe this could give ideas for people to practice to get better at solos!! Thanks!
The first solo I learned was Rebirthing by Skillet. I was pretty big into Skillet then. A lot of their solos aren't that hard to do.
League of Legends - Shieldelf

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
We can't wait for you to pull it out Chuche.
Goodnight Kiss by Dream Theater.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Can't really remember, probably either Animal (**** like a beast) by WASP or Crazy Train. Might've been Its So Easy actually tbh
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
First Full Solo for me was Fade to Black's outro solo.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.

Nothing else matters solo and the aces high solo, very easy but fun!
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
Im not sure if it counts, but probably the Misery Business Solo XD
For a proper solo, again it was probably Crazy Train, or Seize the Day by A7X, but I still kinda **** up the rhythm on parts of that one
I dont know if Ive ever learned a whole solo by another artist (other than something very melodic and important to the song). Ive learned bits of solos or ive tried to learn solos and got frustrated/bored. I prefer to learn licks and come up with my own solos.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Apr 5, 2012,
Probably Smells Like Teen Spirit. It's easy and it's also really easy to hear if you're doing it wrong.
First proper solo I learned?
I'm a bit of a weird case, but for me it was Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Never Say Goodbye by Bon Jovi.. except the very end.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden, that was my first ever solo, and it really helped me get better, ended up getting full marks in an exam where I played it, so it helped me out in other ways, too.
First one I actually nailed was Scream Aim Fire by Bullet For My Valentine. I've learned bits and stuff to a lot of other ones, like the Trooper, Aces High, and Crazy Train but I haven't tried learning them full out yet.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

First solo i learned to play fully and up to speed was Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
The intro solo to Fade to Black, but a real solo that I was truly proud of when I played it was Crazy Train.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Probably Smells Like Teen Spirit. It's easy and it's also really easy to hear if you're doing it wrong.

This
I'M FAT!!!!
Think it was Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden.

Whoever said Crazy Train must've been playing a very simplified version.
It was something like Unforgiven by Metallica, or Dream On. Played pretty poorly at the time, but I thought it was good enough, but then i discovered youtube. Totally destroyed my confidence in soloing for 4-5 years
Quote by vayne92
Nothing Else Matters comes to mind

This one was mine too! It's great fun to play, even over a year after I learned it.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by mrbabo91
Whoever said Crazy Train must've been playing a very simplified version.

This, I only recently nailed it and have played for like 3 years

Was Bohemian Rhapsody for me, but I would definitely suggest Smells Like Teen Spirit because that one is very easy like a first solo should be.
Lol at the typical UGers who say that their first solo was a shred show. For me it was smells like teen spirit.
Quote by Jyrgen
This, I only recently nailed it and have played for like 3 years

Was Bohemian Rhapsody for me, but I would definitely suggest Smells Like Teen Spirit because that one is very easy like a first solo should be.

Getting this lick up to speed and clean can take years lol, infact most people dont even play that lick cus its so hard

12              12
   14 12            14 12
          14               14     etc
Smells Like Teen Spirit. But I think that the solo at the end of High and Dry (Radiohead) is easier than any solo I've ever attempted.
If I can remember correctly it was Machine Head - Deafening Silence, quite the easy peace and when I hear the recording I made back in the day... dear lord, the shame, the redness on my cheeks, dear lord...

or like a true UGer: first solo I learned was Glasgow Kiss
The Interlude solo to Master Of Puppets
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Comfortably Numb or Stairway to Heaven.

I'm trying to remember which was first and I can't. :-p
Living After Midnight !!

After that I learned Diary of A Madman and I still love playing that tdoay
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Benedictus- For Today
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Page 1 of 2