Ok guys, so my guitar collection is heavily on the side of humbucking and mainly Les Paul type guitars, etc as my sig states. however, i felt the need for something a little different in my arsenal and had my heart set on a tele.... so, having decided i didn't want to spend too much on one, and my research pointed me in the direction of the Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele, as they had rave reviews etc.... i had a play on one in a shop, felt it was perfect and today managed to bag a mint second hand one for a great price!
the pics aren't great and i can't give a thorough review as yet as i'm away from home so can't run it through my rig yet..... but first impressions are awesome! it feels so comfortable and i love the neck!! it has that classic tele sound through even my little practice amp and can't wait to really put it through it's paces.
i'll upload some better pics and give a more in depth review as soon as i can!!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
Nice buy! Welcome to the Tele family!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by syzee
Ok guys, so my guitar collection is heavily on the side of humbucking and manly Les Paul type guitars...

FTFY...HNGD! I recently came into "possesitory interest" on an American Standard Tele...fricken love it...friend wants 800 for it, mint condition. He may end up just giving to me though, and the longer a borrow it, the longer that becomes a reality..HNGD!
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
ive liked the few classic vibe squiers ive played. congrats!!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

HNGD. I hated Tele's at first. Thought they were ugly and too industrial and thrown together. But they grow on you. I love my Baja just as much as my Les Paul now.
HNGD!
Could you send me a sound clip of the guitar playing clean and dirty? I'm really considering getting this, the Fender Modern Player Tele Plus or the Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bass:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Acoustic Guitar:
Squier SA-100
Classic Vibe Teles are great. I have one myself, and it sounds and plays great.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
HNGD. I hated Tele's at first. Thought they were ugly and too industrial and thrown together. But they grow on you. I love my Baja just as much as my Les Paul now.

Diddos, I love the way they look and sound, but I HATE bolt on necks. Though I guess if you use one enough you get used to it.

By the way, do you like Bruce Springsteen?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Last edited by Dr Sixstring at Apr 6, 2012,
Nice! HNGD! I've been looking at these pretty hard, I really want to get a tele but with my meager budget I'm strongly considering looking for a used classic vibe tele in butterscotch...such a beautiful guitar, and I've heard that these classic vibes are at least as good as made in mexico Fenders, and sound darn good too. Enjoy it!
HNGD. In a perfect world, every guitar player would start out with a CV Tele.

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
When I first started playing, all I liked was Les Pauls and Strats in a small handful of finishes. I always said Telecasters were the most hideous, awful-sounding and looking guitars on the planet. Now I've got four of them and a fifth on the way.

It doesn't matter what music you play, if in doubt you can always use a Telecaster and no guitar looks cooler being torn up in a solo.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
HNGD! I'm jealous, I've been looking for a nice Tele to get my hands on. Such a great sounding guitar and full of wonderful tones.
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
I actually have GAS for a classic vibe custom Tele. The one I tried was pure awesome.

Oh well, what I really need is a new amp anyways.
HNGD Dude....Better than a new pair of shoes aye!!!!
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
HNGD Dude....Better than a new pair of shoes aye!!!!

AHAHAHAHA..... Hi Nav!! guitars are always better than shoes, bro!!.... only just!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
Ok guys, thanks for all your comments, I'm soooo pleased with it, now I've had a chance to play it for a few days, I'm hooked! Such a diverse amount of tones from the standard pups and a useable tone control adds to this! The neck feels so comfortable and time just flies when playing, I can't put it down!
Initially I thought I'd put a ill 59 or something similar in the bridge to give a little more balls but now I'm not so sure.... All my other guitars are humbucker loaded and I'm loving the sound of this tele as it is!... Such a great option to have in my armoury!
Anyway, I've grabbed a couple more pics for you guys so enjoy!

Close up of the body where you can see the grain subtly coming through the paint.

A shot of the body in daylight so you can see the paint is actually white, not yellowed.

Close up of the headstock and neck so you can see the shine of the gloss finish.. So nice!

The back where you can see the grain again and the classic tele skunk strip on the neck.

Chapman ML2 x 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112