Ok, so I'm guilty, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, of building my dream rig on paper. Several times. It has come as a surprise to me that I've found there are actually a couple big things that are missing.

I have never been a fan of chorus effects. Never liked what I heard, couldn't get it to sound the way I wanted so I wrote it off. But now I've just about thrown myself at that vintage Univibe sound. I wouldn't be asking if I knew a whole crap ton about them. I like the Univibe and would totally get one but they ain't cheap. What do you guys think about the Rotovibe? What chorus "does it" for you?

The other thing that I've just about completely written off as useless to me is octave, detune, organ sounds. EHX POG. The detune/octave FX that I've used in the past really only frustrated me. What's the big difference between the POG and the mini? Is the POG2 worth the extra $$? For this, I'm mainly looking at octave without the distortion/fuzz. EHX is nice, but I'm sure there are others... What others?

I have to confess that the POG idea snagged me after watching "The Recording of In Repair" a John Mayer diddy for those of you who don't indulge. I think its because I've realized it is actually a cool effect and the on the record it is extremely convincing that it is in fact an organ.

Here's the link if you're interested. Its a really cool idea, and I would love to be able to say that I have the money and the balls to do this and then have a fully recorded song to back up the talk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y68CYe22r4Q&feature=related
ΦΚΣ

Life is short. PLAY LOUD!
Univibe is a phaser, not a chorus. Now, Rotovibe is a chorus. Haven't tried any though.

Im big fan of stereo chorus pedals but the stereo function works only stereo rigs duh xD.

I like Small Clone , simple and sweet.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
The EHX Deluxe Memory Man has chorus and vibrato settings, you can turn the delay down and the chorus up, blend it in just right and it sounds pretty good! I don't like the super noticable chorus effects, I prefer more tape sounding chorus. I do run my rig in stereo though...which I would also recommend.
Someone posted a NPD here (I think?) yesterday about a Petrucci Dreamscape Chorus/Vibrato/Flanger by TC. It looks and sounds incredible, and has me thinking about selling my MM4 to save up and get one. You could check that out, but they're not cheap either.

Which... if you're interested in the MM4.. PM me, I'm looking to deal. I just got an M5 and don't need the MM4 anymore. But good luck in your search regardless.
TC electronics are tits!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Univibe is a phaser, not a chorus. Now, Rotovibe is a chorus. Haven't tried any though.

Im big fan of stereo chorus pedals but the stereo function works only stereo rigs duh xD.

No wonder I love the Univibe sound so much! My Phase 90 is a staple that I simply could not part with. Some fantastic Hendrixy rhythm swoosh sounds! Guess I forgot how many sounds you can get out of vintage phasers with more than one nob. Its also confusing because it has a "chorus" switch. That now leaves me wondering if Chorus is really something that I'm looking for...

I love the idea of a stereo rig... I'm not cool enough to have 2 amps yet...

Didn't really know that about the DMM. Having a tap tempo delay on my board is something I'm wanting anyway so that could be a very good route. If I get into buying more delay pedals I'll most likely be saying goodbye to my Carbon Copy and Flashback (YES TC is the tits!) and picking up a Strymon El Cap (tape delay is a new found addiction bordering on obsession!) and something like the JHS Panther/Time Factor/Echolution (not sure I'd go Strymon with both just so that I have variety of tools at my disposal). I guess MIDI functions would be cool too just in case I end up that way in the future... I digress... DMM would serve a purpose I'm looking for, and allow me to mess with a chorus option. Thanks for the idea!!!

Still leaves me with what about octaves? So far it seems like the POG2 (paired with an analog delay) is the only thing I can find that does a really convincing organ sound.
ΦΚΣ

Life is short. PLAY LOUD!