Can anyone suggest a good humbucking pickup to put in the bridge of my guitar? I'm into progressive metal, and I love having a nice sound on my chugging. Price range is $120 max. Canada. Willing to order from elsewhere though. Thanks in advance.
Bare Knuckle Holy Diver.
Bare Knuckle Aftermath.
Bare Knuckle Nailbomb.
Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell.
Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat.

Pretty much anything in the Bare Knuckle contemporary range. It'll be the best decision you'll ever make. Go to ask on their forum. https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/index.php
But TBH we need more info.
What guitar and what amp? What wood is your guitars body made of? What about the neck? What bands tone do you like and want to sound like?
It's a peaevey predator. I'm only doing it to make it a passable guitar. Maple neck I believe, no idea on body wood and I apologize for that. As far as tone, I'm a huge fan of In Flames, Lamb of God. I like that dark, heavy sound they get on their bridge pickups.
If you want a dark tone (especially since you have a maple neck) id get the Bare Knuckle Alnico Nailbomb or the Bare Knuckle Warpig.
Quote by Wraithbound
It's a peaevey predator. I'm only doing it to make it a passable guitar. Maple neck I believe, no idea on body wood and I apologize for that. As far as tone, I'm a huge fan of In Flames, Lamb of God. I like that dark, heavy sound they get on their bridge pickups.

IF you're thinking Bareknuckle, the Miracle Man is normally the recomended for stuff like that. Might be outside your budget though, they retail about £100 each here.

I'm not the best at this, but it'll save someone else the time - what amp are you using? Pairing dark pickups with a dark amp, probably won't sound good and great pickups into a rubbish amp might sound worse than ok pickups into a good amp.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
I have to upgrade my amp rig. Embarrassingly enough, I have a spyder IV 150w. I'm looking for good responsive pickups. If the price is slightly over that it's not too, too big a deal.
Don't bother with new pickups until you've upgraded your amp. It's honestly not worth the money - you will barely tell the difference.

I made that mistake. You live and you learn.

Save up your cash and get a nice amp first - it will make much more of a difference. If you still feel you need new pickups after that point then by all means get them, but right now it's just not worth it.

[At that point, I can definitely recommend BKPs, I have them in 2/3 of my guitars and they are awesome. Though I'm in the UK, and I'd have a look what's available over on your side of the pond first - might be better value for money]
Adam
I've run this guitar through better amps (mesa boogie, marshall, engl, randall) and have been consistently disappointed. I need the pickups because the stock ones in these are shit. I'm looking into these first so that I can make the guitar passable in case I get into a local studio that will allow me to use that equipment without buying it.
No sure if your still looking, but DiMarzio do a Mark Morton signature set now, i think theyre called Breed's or something
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.