Later this year I'll be going on a work-related trip, a little over 2 months long.

I want to take my bass, but I don't have a hard case for it. I heard someone say they have a hard keyboard case for travelling that they put their bass/gig bag in, along with other gear.

Do any of you guys have recommendations for a case to take my instrument to the other side of the world & back? (My gig bag measures approx. 50" long and 20" wide).
Any good hard plastic case should serve you well. Look at the offerings from Gator, SKB and Freedom. They're not too expensive. If you're really worried, or if you have a rare vintage instrument, then look into a flight case from Anvil or some such maker. They aren't cheap and they weigh a ton, but they'll protect your bass like no other. Do NOT use a case that isn't made for your instrument. A keyboard case will not hold your bass securely. It will flop around in there and probably become damaged.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Any good hard plastic case should serve you well. Look at the offerings from Gator, SKB and Freedom. They're not too expensive. If you're really worried, or if you have a rare vintage instrument, then look into a flight case from Anvil or some such maker. They aren't cheap and they weigh a ton, but they'll protect your bass like no other. Do NOT use a case that isn't made for your instrument. A keyboard case will not hold your bass securely. It will flop around in there and probably become damaged.

Of course, if you have a vintage instrument or anything with some sort of sentimental value/high price tag, the simple solution is not to do it. Purchase a cheap beater if that's an option, and save yourself the risk. You'll have something to plonk away on so you don't get rusty, and you don't risk damaging a valuable instrument.
Can you believe Billy Gibbons still tours and performs with his iconic Les Paul Standard, "Pearly Gates?"

He's braver than me. If I had a '62 Jazz, I wouldn't let it out of the house.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley