So I'm a marketing major and this quarter is my last time here until I get my BS degree. I've done enough classes to get a minor in economics, because some core economic classes are required here for all business students. So the deal is, I just brought my GPA back to a 3.0, barely, if I were to get one C, it'd drop right away. This class I'm taking for the minor, people have told me the professor is a tard, a GPA killer. I'm not sure if the minor with a C or B is worth the GPA drop which I know I can do good in my marketing classes. For those who've gotten a minor, is it worth it?
LOL
Well economics and marketing are related so the minor definitely couldn't hurt your future career prospects, because you don't have to put grades on a resume, and there are employers who would see that you took a minor and see you as a self-desciplined hard working individual.
I like acoustic music.

I love all kinds of music.
I'm minoring in music theory. I am doing this because I like music theory.

The common philosophy is that your major should be the breadwinner and your minor should be something you like but don't intend to pursue as a career. Luckily for me, I love both my major (anthropology) and my minor.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by SiKh22
people have told me the professor is a tard

Don't do it. A sh!tty professor can ruin even the best and most interesting class. Anything else you can take to fulfill it? I have a minor degree in German language (Engineering major) and it has only helped me out in a few instances. In your field though an Econ minor would probably be useful.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
No. It's completely useless. I've yet to come across an employer that even asked, let alone cared.
Quote by edbert
Don't do it. A sh!tty professor can ruin even the best and most interesting class. Anything else you can take to fulfill it? I have a minor degree in German language (Engineering major) and it has only helped me out in a few instances. In your field though an Econ minor would probably be useful.

I've taken over 7 econ classes that includes business stats I & II. This current class is a semi econ/finance class but with international topics, like a balance sheet but with international open variables. I'm trying to justify about keeping this minor, because I've taken so many econ classes but I', not sure about this professor.
LOL
It can't hurt.

Sometimes it's good to complement a major with a minor.

Say you are studying English. It could be useful to do a minor in something like communications.