Anyone here listen to any Brad Mehldau or similar artists? I just started listening to him and his music is fantastic! My favorite album of his is 'Highway Rider'. Joshua Redman is also on that album, along with a string orchestra - I think the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra.

Any suggestions of good albums of his or anyone similar to him?
Yeah man, Mehldau is fooking awesome! I only have one album from him that I happened to run across randomly but it's very good. It's called House on Hill. Happy Tune is a great song.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
I highly recommend Pat Metheny's The Way Up in which he plays on it. That unfortunately is the only extent I've heard any of Brad Mehldau playing.

I like his style though. I'm also interested in checking out some of his music if anyone has any more suggestions. I'm really into jazz piano.
So I went and bought Highway Rider. It is really excellent! I'm not big on sting music mixed with Jazz but it really complimented some of those pieces. It wasn't sappy like some of the Wes Montgomery or Stanley Turrentine records I've heard before. But the straight ahead pieces were the ones I really liked. Joshua Redman was a great add.

I also purchased Places which is really excellent also.

Yeah, this guy is top notch - musically, technically, stylistically and compositionally. I put him with my favorites McCoy Tyner and Bill Evans now.

I came across this video on youtube. Stellar performance. I really love the improv he does right at 21:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-T3oUGDas0
Quote by roushsn95
I highly recommend Pat Metheny's The Way Up in which he plays on it. That unfortunately is the only extent I've heard any of Brad Mehldau playing.

Correction: He played on Michael Brecker's Pilgrimage which is a great album. Not The Way Up.
He is the man. I love all of the trio stuff I've heard (Larry Grenadier and Jeff Ballard are also crazy good), plus his work on some of Rosenwinkel's albums is breathtaking. Plus, the rock covers are sick (black hole sun, his solo radiohead tunes)
You should really consider checking out Gerald Clayton. He's another great piano-trio leader with a very modern, but not-too out there sound.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
Quote by Baroque_and_Rol
You should really consider checking out Gerald Clayton. He's another great piano-trio leader with a very modern, but not-too out there sound.

Checked him out. Great suggestion.