I'll be in my second year of college next year and will finally be able to have some computer speakers. As such, I was wondering if you guys could recommend that best "bang for buck" system for under $100.

Only requirements:
  • Stereo or 2.1
  • High Quality sound (size not a factor. Big as you want it)
  • Under $100

So far I've been looking at Dayton Audio B652s with a t-amp ($73 with shipping) and this Eagle Tech 2.1 system.

Can anyone recommend others for consideration?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by JustRooster
Sleeper cell adbots? Damn.

I'm not an adbot; I just wanted to let you guys know things I was looking at. That way, if anyone had either of those and could give a nice words towards their speakers I would know if they were a quality product or not. I'm assuming they both are, I'm just not aware of many other good quality computer speakers.
Quote by revbill
I'm not an adbot; I just wanted to let you guys know things I was looking at. That way, if anyone had either of those and could give a nice words towards their speakers I would know if they were a quality product or not. I'm assuming they both are, I'm just not aware of many other good quality computer speakers.

Damn, these adbots are getting good!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I use my Stereo with a Red/white / 1/8m Y adaptor cable. Works well enough for me
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by JustRooster
Damn, these adbots are getting good!

We're slowly becoming self-aware.
Just buy headphones. You'll get better quality sound, and all the other people at your college won't want to murder you for playing music. I recommend Sennheiser.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
Just buy headphones. You'll get better quality sound, and all the other people at your college won't want to murder you for playing music. I recommend Sennheiser.

I already have a pair of Sennheiser HD280s. I do not plan on blasting my music. As well, at my college, it's perfectly acceptable to listen to music over computer speakers; we just don't get to listen to media our first year.

I'll be getting speakers regardless eventually, so I just wanted to start shopping around now.
Quote by revbill
... we just don't get to listen to media our first year.
Wait wut. Freshmen aren't allowed to play music through speakers?

Helpfulness edit: Looks like the speakers you adbotted are good choices. I'd stay away from the Cyber Acoustics and Logitech 2.1s, QC is pretty bad for those.
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
Last edited by FishStik at Apr 5, 2012,
I used to just plug the line out of my computer into any external connection of a decent stereo.
Might not be the best, but it worked well enough for me.
Quote by FishStik
Wait wut. Freshmen aren't allowed to play music through speakers?

Helpfulness edit: Looks like the speakers you adbotted are good choices. I'd stay away from the Cyber Acoustics and Logitech 2.1s, QC is pretty bad for those.

I'm at a military academy; first year students are subject to many restrictions, one of them being the inability to listen to music or watch videos.

And I had no plans on going to them. Thank you for your suggestion.