Page 1 of 4
The ragefaces more specifically. I feel that not only are they overused, they're misused. I don't even frequent reddit/9gag, but they're all over the internet, and they've definitely invaded anything on stumbleupon labeled "humor." Most memes are applied to tons of things and they make them almost instantly unfunny.

Anyone else share this sentiment?

EDIT:

This picture sums up my feelings.

http://www.eatliver.com/img/2012/8601.jpg
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 5, 2012,
9 Gag used to be brilliant. It connected everybody through funny pictures we could all relate to, not memes. A few memes here and there but they were used wisely. All of the jokes were inventive and new, and I'd be out of breath whenever I finished a page.

Three years or so later, it's a friggen mess. I haven't been on in months. It's stupid, not funny, repetitive, boring, misused, tired, and just plain ignorant. It's like everything is made by a group of retarded baby chickens now pecking at a dead mother hen and her exploded uterus. It's unbearable to go to or to see on my news feed. Screw it.
At the beginning of 2012 I though fffffuuuuu pics were hilarious.
everyone should at least stop calling them "rage comics".

there's no ****ing rage in any of them any more.
Quote by mental_zer0
everyone should at least stop calling them "rage comics".

there's no ****ing rage in any of them any more.

Exactly this. As I've said before, rage comics end in rage face, not with stupid Me Gusta, not with stupid Okay guy, not with stupid Forever Alone, not with stupid anything but RAGE FACE, HENCE RAGE

That explains everything about the site. They can't use the right memes in a correct way because they can't even fucking differentiate between them with a basic simple word in the English language.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
9 Gag used to be brilliant. It connected everybody through funny pictures we could all relate to, not memes. A few memes here and there but they were used wisely. All of the jokes were inventive and new, and I'd be out of breath whenever I finished a page.

Three years or so later, it's a friggen mess. I haven't been on in months. It's stupid, not funny, repetitive, boring, misused, tired, and just plain ignorant. It's like everything is made by a group of retarded baby chickens now pecking at a dead mother hen and her exploded uterus. It's unbearable to go to or to see on my news feed. Screw it.

+1
Can't stand those show screen shots, as well.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Get over it
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I don't mind the faces, but the *le _____* annoys the **** out of me.
Check out my band Disturbed
They haven't been funny for years. It's the same jokes repeated over and over again that somehow people continue to find hilarious. I refuse to go on 9gag or Reddit because of how infested they are with that shit.
And this is why I'm very selective about the boards I go on on Reddit.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by StewieSwan
I don't mind the faces, but the *le _____* annoys the **** out of me.

That and "trolling"
Most people don't know what "trolling" is

I was at the end of my rope when a professor's computer froze and someone yelled out TROLOLOL

Are you fucking stupid? Everything now is "TROLLED" and "UR A TROL". No, making your status about an undercooked pizza is not trolling. Waiting in line and then deciding to leave the line because it's too long is not trolling. Saying hello to your friend and then saying "sorry I gotta get to class" IS NOT. FUCKING. TROLLING
I think you should be able to make it to the front page of reddit if you just cram a bunch of their favourite things into one image.

"Rescued" kittens + rage faces + narwhals + bacon + gay rights + batman + Neil Degrasse Tyson + whatever sitcom is currently popular = instant success

They upvote stuff cos it's familiar, not because it's funny. Most people making those ragecomics aren't even trying to amuse anyone.
that awkward moment when you're tired of memes...

yeah, that one's overused too. I'm even sick of the word awkward. I don't even understand how people prefer films that ONLY include "awkward situation" jokes over a monty python. The Internet's turning the not so smart kids into simpletons!

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´ノ︵ ┻━┻
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
>Pretending any OC comes from 9gag

To an extent, I agree that memes make the whole experience of being on the internet kind of stale and samey, but to be fair, why would you expect much more out of the internet? The whole point is of the internet is to make everything streamlined and simple, why wouldn't we do that to jokes? Rage comic templates make it simple to get a joke across that would be boring in text, so that people that don't have enough time to read a block of text can get the point of a boring story that much quicker. I can't really see how someone would be opposed to using the same template to a joke (image macros) and changing up the punch line slightly, especially considering how much money Jeff Foxworthy makes. Using these formats also help the exclusive, elite members of our communal e-club establish a sense of community, where everyone hates everyone just like their own family.

You know what? **** it. Shit sucks.

Bonus points to the first person that posts this to /r/bestof. "Reisgar42 debates the futility of memes."
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Apr 5, 2012,
FIrst time I saw meme on Facebook, I died a little inside of me...
but seriously once in a while it's funny but when my friends do it in real life, and they do it everyday, I can't stand it !!!
Have you run your fingers down the wall...

And have you felt your neck skin crawl...
When you're searching for the light ?
Just about broke this kids arm at school today when he waved his arm in front of my face and yelled "TROLLED SO HARD". I am with TS.
popularity unfortunately destroyed memes

>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
popularity unfortunately destroyed memes

Are Digg and Funnyjunk still things?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
What you are seeing here is the decline of western civilization

The explosion in Reddit popularity has actually improved the quality of 4chan. Suffice to say, I think you know the type of people that frequent this tripe.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Apr 5, 2012,
Quote by Reisgar42
>Pretending any OC comes from 9gag

To an extent, I agree that memes make the whole experience of being on the internet kind of stale and samey, but to be fair, why would you expect much more out of the internet? The whole point is of the internet is to make everything streamlined and simple, why wouldn't we do that to jokes? Rage comic templates make it simple to get a joke across that would be boring in text, so that people that don't have enough time to read a block of text can get the point of a boring story that much quicker. I can't really see how someone would be opposed to using the same template to a joke (image macros) and changing up the punch line slightly, especially considering how much money Jeff Foxworthy makes. Using these formats also help the exclusive, elite members of our communal e-club establish a sense of community, where everyone hates everyone just like their own family.

You know what? **** it. Shit sucks.

Bonus points to the first person that posts this to /r/bestof. "Reisgar42 debates the futility of memes."

nigga did u just greentext on UG?
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
nigga did u just greentext on UG?

There are many layers to my work, I don't expect most people to understand it fully.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
another just cuz

>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Page 1 of 4