should i replace the tubes in my bugera 6262 or get a bogner alchemist. idk how the alchemist is for metal, its also 40w istead of my 120w bugera. does the bogner have good enough amp dist that i would not need a pedal? an how are the cleans?
The Alchemist is kind of a love hate thing.

I loved it, then hated it, then loved it again, then hated it again.

I don't consider it a true Bogner. It can do most metal on its own and has a nice clean channel. Built in reverb and delay are nice.

I would just retube the 6262

That said:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
should i replace the tubes in my bugera 6262 or get a bogner alchemist. idk how the alchemist is for metal, its also 40w istead of my 120w bugera. does the bogner have good enough amp dist that i would not need a pedal? an how are the cleans?

check youtube.....im sure they have someone demoing this with a metal setting. and any bogner, even their cheap one should have a higher quality tone than a bugera. where you want to dial it in is your business, but you get what you pay for. however, beware...if you get the bogner, take time to play with it. Ive had two and they were both very touchy. it took me a month of putzing around to find my tone. i haven't touched the knobs on the amp since, aside from adjusting the MV every now and again. and it blows my pants off every time i turn it on now...never get tired of playing it. replacing the tubes may not make as big of a difference as you migh think at first. or the ones you have dont suit your needs and you switch to a high quality tube that does exactly what you want it to. unless the ones in there now are shot..and 40w is more than enough for any guitarist who's not playing an outdoor festival un-mic'd. in fact the lower wattage and 1/2 power will help you get power section distortion at lower volumes, which imho, sounds better than pre-amp distortion. and about the cleans......like i said, i havent played one, but the fact that they have onboard delay a reverb effects which will always help spice up a dull clean channel. cheers.

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab
Last edited by arteestic1 at Apr 5, 2012,
Yeah, retube. It'll save you a crap ton of money.

That being said, if you're super turned on about Bogner, you need to check out their International series. They're low watt high gain amps (I'm assuming you're looking for metal/high gain from your post). They're focused on that one thing and do that one thing shockingly well! Start with the Brixton. Its 12watts if I remember right, 6v6 with a half power switch. Has a volume and gain nob with a voice and possibly a mid switch. That's it. I got it to go from huge high gain (which I personally don't have any need for) all the way down to really fat edge of/just past breakup Hendrix/SRV/Mayer tones. Not true clean but it sounded pretty sweet! Pretty sure they call it the Brixton because you'll crap a ton of brix when you crank the volume. It gets crazy loud! Took a host of strats, 335's, LP's, and my Schecter c1 semi hollow very well. IMO less versatile probably but WAY better tone than the Alchemist. Much better money spent.

There are 5 or 6 in the International line and they are probably the most affordable of the CS Bogners. Also I've seen the heads go for $600-800 used if you can find them. They are few and far between but worth it if its what you need.

Here's a youtube vid from Bogner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFULA47XI20
ΦΚΣ

Life is short. PLAY LOUD!
Last edited by bpdeem at Apr 6, 2012,
I tried the Alchemist at Best buy of all places. Really interesting tones, it could do like Metallica and heavier modern alt-rock on it's own but its the kind of amp you need to sit with for a while to get a great tone but it is possible. and like 311 said great cleans.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...