Or rather, songs that you notice some instrument in the mix being out of tune, this isn't including vocals, just instruments in a song that you noticed were out of tune, either intentionally or by mistake.

Obvious example would be the acoustic guitar intro on stairway is slightly off.
Not related, but at certain points in Satisfaction, Mick screws up the lyrics and you can hear Keith turn on effects. It's cool, and you don't have to strain your ears to hear it.
The Sex Pistols discography
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
not really an out of tune thing but Since ive been loving you, you can hear Bonham's pedal squeak.
and in I can't quit you baby, when Page does his little solo bit with no other band members playing, he makes a small mistake.
Quote by LedFender
not really an out of tune thing but Since ive been loving you, you can hear Bonham's pedal squeak.
and in I can't quit you baby, when Page does his little solo bit with no other band members playing, he makes a small mistakes.

Fixed.
Some of the ancient music I listen to is, but that's intentional. I don't listen to shitty out-of-tune music otherwise.
Check out my band Disturbed
Jason Becker does that thing where he intentionally sneaks in dissonant notes amidst melodic sections, and it sounds ****ing awesome.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Jason Becker does that thing where he intentionally sneaks in dissonant notes amidst melodic sections, and it sounds ****ing awesome.

You should start listening to Jazz

A lot of Led Zeppelin stuff actually sounds out of tune to me. Idk if it's just me or if Jimmy Page just wasn't that great at tuning his guitar. He's a pretty sloppy player (not saying he isn't good) so it wouldn't surprise me if his guitar wasn't perfectly tuned very much.
BIRTH OF FLOWER always sounds kinda out of tune. I heard the gtrist uses an electronic tuner, so that's probably why; b/c of the eccentricities of just intonation, tuning each string exactly to an individual reference pitch makes the gtr out of tune with itself. But BoF shouldn't change that, b/c I think it gives them their sorta exotic sound.
I notice out of tune parts all the time, and now that there's a thread to post examples of it, I can't remember a single one.
Anytime anyone in punk music tries to bend.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Doesn't really bother me. Pierre Bensusan has easily recognizable technical flaws in his pieces, I guess (can't really remember atm) but it doesn't detract from his playing at all
My God, it's full of stars!
uh, i heard this band called sonic youth & i think they need to check there gtrs out cuz they sound pretty crappy.
Quote by neidnarb11890
uh, i heard this band called sonic youth & i think they need to check there gtrs out cuz they sound pretty crappy.

Sounds kinda like those Copulation Revolver fellows. When will these punks learn?
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
BIRTH OF FLOWER always sounds kinda out of tune. I heard the gtrist uses an electronic tuner, so that's probably why; b/c of the eccentricities of just intonation, tuning each string exactly to an individual reference pitch makes the gtr out of tune with itself. But BoF shouldn't change that, b/c I think it gives them their sorta exotic sound.

Incidentally, the piano I played on the recordings was outta tune.

Quote by The_Sophist
Anytime anyone in punk music tries to bend.

Incidentally, I bend like crazy.

I picked that up from Ian & Guy, who are the masters of whammying w/o a whammy bar.
The Velvet Underground's stuff is usually out of tune, but I'm not bothered by it.

Lou Reed in the 60's could take a crap on his guitar and it would sound great on record.
Guitars:
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gretsch G5120
1973 Japanese Les Paul

Amp:
Vox AC30C2

Effects:
MJM Brit Bender MKII tonebender clone
Boss Blues-Driver
Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Echorec
I believe you mean dissonance TS.

Me likey dissonance.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
I believe you mean dissonance TS.

Me likey dissonance.

No, he actually means out of tune/ key (even though technically there is no such thing)

yeah. bunch of sonic youth, but that's intentional.

Oh, and What's-his-name from Cap n' Jazz who sang, he sounds quite out of pitch with the rest of em', but again it's part of the band.

Also, that new RHCP song on the radio has that solo with the annoying bent-too-high notes. I hate it when that happens.

As well as the Pixies. Santiago or whatever his name is, did that shit with his leads a lot.

I guess what I'm saying is most of the "out of tune" stuff is actually not a problem. It's all music in some way, our brains just perceive out of tune as being threatening/"wrong"
Isn't Strawberry Fields Forever supposed to be completely out of key/tune? It sounds great.
West Ham United
you know,if something is out of tune to a person with good ears then does that mean its in tune to someone thats tone deaf?
you notice it a lot on Sleep's holy mountain, but it actually works really well for the sound of the album.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Morphogenesis26
you know,if something is out of tune to a person with good ears then does that mean its in tune to someone thats tone deaf?
no, he just wouldn't be able to tell the difference
I can't wait till my fro is full grown.
Quote by King Donkey
Isn't Strawberry Fields Forever supposed to be completely out of key/tune? It sounds great.

the first half and the second half arent at the same speed, they recorded it in parts and sped up the second half so its slightly higher in pitch

edit: i never thought jimmy page was sloppy, i just thought it was his tone he was goin for. when i listen to him play, he doesnt really miss notes or **** up, hes just got that slight english fuzz distortion and it sounds the way it sounds...
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Apr 6, 2012,
The high bass note in Disposable Heroes by Metallica is way too sharp to pass as album quality. I don't know how they let it slide. It's at around 8:00
Quote by DashBlaster
The high bass note in Disposable Heroes by Metallica is way too sharp to pass as album quality. I don't know how they let it slide. It's at around 8:00

I wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't mentioned it. Even listening to it now it's not that bad. I'm not surprised though. Cliff had legendarily shitty bass tone as well, listen to any of the bass tracks on that album isolated.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
The last chord on the OAsis song, 'MArried with children
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!