When you write your reports for classes, how long do they end up being?
What is the formatting like?

For most of my classes, I'm usually asked to write around 1200 to 1600 words or 20 pages at most. It's 20 pages including diagrams, charts, tables, and appendices. Double spaced seems to be a standard for a lot of my classes.
I guess it's not much considering it's all group work.
I took a creative writing class. We were doing peer reviews and this guy wrote a 10 page paper on how he came to discover his foot fetish.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I've always hated having a minimum amount of pages. I wind up saying all I need to say in less than the requirement and have to go back and douche things up with lots of unnecessary words and padding.
Most of mine will be around 1500-3000 words depending on subject, topic, essay type and grade %age.

Double spaced, intro, paragraphs, conclusions. Paragraphs go point, example, explanation, summary. Footnotes.

Pretty standard academic writing tbh.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Most of mine will be around 1500-3000 words depending on subject, topic, essay type and grade %age.

Double spaced, intro, paragraphs, conclusions. Paragraphs go point, example, explanation, summary. Footnotes.

Pretty standard academic writing tbh.

I haven't had that actually. I learned essay writing in 8th grade and it was intro, 3 body paragraphs, and conclusion. Six years later and most people I know still don't do well in writing essays.
That's actually a good way to write. I should keep that in mind.

Quote by FlyingPirahna
I've always hated having a minimum amount of pages. I wind up saying all I need to say in less than the requirement and have to go back and douche things up with lots of unnecessary words and padding.

I hate requirements too. I never meet them and end up having to fluff it with fancy words. Last year I took an intro to business communications class and the prof told us to cut out that crap and get to the point. I had to come up with new ways to write things and still meet the proper length.
The longest paper I've written was an extensive piece on the folklore of the Gulag system in Russia. It came out to be 7000 words. That's close to 25 pages. No diagrams. The shortest I've written was about 400 words, or 1 page. Couldn't say which was harder. Got a far better grade on the long one. Put the same amount of work/page into both.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
We pissed off our Social Studies teacher (3 out of 36 students submitted his homework) and made us do a 12 page paper, default margins, Arial, font size 11, single spaced paper with the question being "Should the government heavily regulate production and trading of products, why? why not?". May I add the fact that he made us do this 4 days before our finals, when he knew that we have a dozen projects to finish and that we needed to study for our exams.

Only 2 people ended up submitting their work. Everyone else failed. (We thought, screw that, he'd only grade that shit as a homework)

GRAY RAINBOW

I keep it concise. I always turned in papers well under the "required" minimum and never got anything other than an A.

Turns out if you have 14 pages of articulate, direct, and original commentary, it trumps 20 pages of BS.

..and by that I mean everyone is just writing BS anyway and instructors are actually happy to wade through only 14 pages instead of 20.
The most I ever had to write for a report so far has been 1500-2000 words at most, though that's usually never enough.
Commerce/Finance/Economics master race
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
The most I ever had to write for a report so far has been 1500-2000 words at most, though that's usually never enough.
Commerce/Finance/Economics master race

My girlfriend who does psychology is always so jelly.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Extra Ordinary
When you write your reports for classes, how long do they end up being?
What is the formatting like?

For most of my classes, I'm usually asked to write around 1200 to 1600 words or 20 pages at most. It's 20 pages including diagrams, charts, tables, and appendices. Double spaced seems to be a standard for a lot of my classes.
I guess it's not much considering it's all group work.

20 pages? What font size do you use? 36?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
5-20 pages depending on how hardworking I feel (assuming there isn't a page limit)
cat