Page 1 of 2
We all have them. I like to do laundry really late at night because the sound of the washing machine helps me sleep.
Honey mustard is best mustard.
Well, if a room has a ceiling fan, no matter how cold it is, I must have it on. When I go to my parents house, sometimes I have to give in very reluctantly, but in my apartment, I've never once sat in a room or slept with the fan off.

When I play guitar, I often crack my knuckles very quickly if my hand ever has a break, or there's a section where I'm ending a cadence or something and I have a little 2 second pause. It's very fast though. I can't stop this. Other people have noticed this about me.

I have to get good satisfying "clicks" from buttons, switches, etc. Examples would be like TV remotes, light switches, keyboard keys, etc. If I don't get the satisfying click, I'll keep hitting that same key/button/switch until I do.

I count my steps and require an even number of steps depending on the surface. Say I'm walking on a wooden patio, and then it changes to a cement street, I need to have walked an even number of steps on the wooden surface, then I'll count my steps as I walk to make sure I've walked an even amount of steps on cement surface.

I don't step on lines.

I try to keep symmetry with my body. If I step on a leaf or something with the heel of my left foot, I'll do the same with my right.

Sometimes I'll repeat what I just said, but as a whisper to myself. I've gotten good at hiding this, and I don't think anyone has ever really noticed.
i sometimes like to sit on the toilet when i pee.
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
Quote by The Madcap
That's called "I just got out of bed."

so i'm not the only one?
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
Quote by The Madcap
Well, if a room has a ceiling fan, no matter how cold it is, I must have it on. When I go to my parents house, sometimes I have to give in very reluctantly, but in my apartment, I've never once sat in a room or slept with the fan off.

When I play guitar, I often crack my knuckles very quickly if my hand ever has a break, or there's a section where I'm ending a cadence or something and I have a little 2 second pause. It's very fast though. I can't stop this. Other people have noticed this about me.

I have to get good satisfying "clicks" from buttons, switches, etc. Examples would be like TV remotes, light switches, keyboard keys, etc. If I don't get the satisfying click, I'll keep hitting that same key/button/switch until I do.

I count my steps and require an even number of steps depending on the surface. Say I'm walking on a wooden patio, and then it changes to a cement street, I need to have walked an even number of steps on the wooden surface, then I'll count my steps as I walk to make sure I've walked an even amount of steps on cement surface.

I don't step on lines.

I try to keep symmetry with my body. If I step on a leaf or something with the heel of my left foot, I'll do the same with my right.

Sometimes I'll repeat what I just said, but as a whisper to myself. I've gotten good at hiding this, and I don't think anyone has ever really noticed.

As weird as that sounds, I can completely relate. Good to know I'm not crazy, or maybe it justifies that I am crazy.
Quote by The Madcap

If I'm walking on a floor with those liney designs on the squares, I have to step only on the squares who's lines match the direction I'm walking in. I can''t step on cracks, either.
I sing things and rhyme a lot when I'm at work or out with my friends. I also use a lot of strange non-sense words in everyday speech--flibber flabber, doodle, dandy, shpiddle, etc.

If I didn't work with little kids where this behavior is semi-acceptable, I'm pretty sure my co-workers would have taken me to an asylum by now. I think I need a job as a children's television host where these strange behaviors would actually be a career skill.
Also, whenever I drive alone, I like to do impressions of people.

Sometimes it'll be whoever I was just talking to. A lot of times it's celebrities and shit. Lately I've been doing a lot of impressions of characters from the Godfather while I drive.
Quote by TearsForWater
If I'm walking on a floor with those liney designs on the squares, I have to step only on the squares who's lines match the direction I'm walking in. I can''t step on cracks, either.

It's the opposite for me, I have to step on every crack. And have a consistent number of steps between cracks.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
A lot of mine are things that I've become so used to that I couldn't tell you what they are right now.
One thing I do, though, is when someone says something I think is funny, very often I'll repeat it while laughing. I don't know why I do it, it's just something I've gotten used to.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Quote by rjaylaf
It's the opposite for me, I have to step on every crack. And have a consistent number of steps between cracks.

Step on a crack, break your mother's back
Quote by TearsForWater
Step on a crack, break your mother's back

You're horrible.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
Quote by TearsForWater

I used to this when I was younger.

If I'm not concentrating on a song and I miss an important bit, (like a guitar solo) and I have to start the song again from the beginning.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by The Madcap
Also, whenever I drive alone, I like to do impressions of people.

Sometimes it'll be whoever I was just talking to. A lot of times it's celebrities and shit. Lately I've been doing a lot of impressions of characters from the Godfather while I drive.

I always imagine a famous historical figure is riding with me and I have to explain to him all the advancements in society and technology that have arisen since his life time. It's fun to drive by mundane things but then have to carefully dissect and articulate all of the science that takes place behind them.

Strangest driving game ever I guess.
When I play guitar, I slide my left hand up the back of the neck to the neck joint whenever that hand's not doing anything. This serves no purpose and I have no idea why I do it.
Quote by The Madcap

I don't step on lines.

I do all of this except for the clicks

When i sit on the toilet, i put a towel over my head.

When i am in a particular situation i tend to automatically think of a song that fits e.g. Under Pressure or She Fkin Hates Me etc.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
When i sit on the toilet, i put a towel over my head.

When i am in a particular situation i tend to automatically think of a song that fits e.g. Under Pressure or She Fkin Hates Me etc.

My brain is like a radio, constantly playing theme songs to whatever situation I'm in, or mood I'm feeling. It's actually kind of nice, constantly having music, even if it is in my head
Quote by Flying Couch
When I play guitar, I slide my left hand up the back of the neck to the neck joint whenever that hand's not doing anything. This serves no purpose and I have no idea why I do it.

I do this too and I actually see a lot of people do it. No idea why.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Quote by The Madcap

I don't step on lines.

I do most of that. I also am obsessed with counting absolutely everything. I quite often find that I can't not count. Yay for OCD I guess?
I always have music playing in my head, even when I'm not actively listening to music. Depending on the song I'm running through in my head I will have to air-drum or air-guitar along to it. If I'm in a situation where I absolutely cannot do that, I will "pause" the song in my head and continue once I'm able to play along to it.
Sometimes, when I see a word I change some of the letters to letter that are near it alphabetically (or on a QWERTY keyboard layout), even if the word makes no sense.

When I see a new word I try and think of where it originated from. I can usually only do this with words of a latin origin.

There's probably other stuff, but I rarely notice any 'odd' things that I do (apparently I walk funny, but I've never personally noticed it).
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I don't like stepping on sidewalk cracks either.

If I'm eating something that's small or in pieces I like to have an equal number/amount in both sides of my mouth. For example, if I have 5 M&M's in my mouth I'll put two in each cheek, bite one in half, and separate them before chewing it with my molars.

I really like symmetry and clean, perpendicular or parallel lines. My silverware has to be aligned parallel to one another and perpendicular to the edge of the table nearest me (**** round tables).

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edit: I wash my hands after touching most things.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Apr 6, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap

I don't step on lines.

OCD much?

Also I have to know what time it is, I constantly wear a watch and only take it off absent mindedly when bored in class, one time I was out of town and my watch was broke, and my phone was dead, it was awful
I'M FAT!!!!
I have to take an even number of stairs, making sure both my feet get equal steps.

I print out a lot of tabs I never end up learning.

If I'm alone I ask silly around my pets. I mean retarded.
I can't pee in a public washroom if there are other people in there.
I always turn the mirror on the toilet away from me whenever I have to go.
everytime I spin in a certain direction i have to undo the spin by going opisite direction
While driving alone if I'm listening to music I'll start playing air guitar on the e-brake handle. If I'm really into it I'll start fretting the stearing wheel.
Quote by Stevenxm32
everytime I spin in a certain direction i have to undo the spin by going opisite direction

How often do you find yourself spinning? ಠ_ಠ
I find that i talk to myself alot, almost like im having a conversation with another person, its a habit and i have no idea why i do it. I sometimes count my steps and can't step on cracks, and as stated by someone before, i also have music playing im my head and end up sometimes playing air guitar along with a section (and ive looked like an ass repeatedly in pulic for doing so). Glad to know im not the only one though lol
I tend to always have my window open, even if it's freezing cold. I keep the tv on at night to sleep.
Whenever I see a hot girl with a nice ass or boobs, I stop doing what I'm doing (e.g. walking, talking, writing) and I stare until she is out of focus, class is over, or someone knocks me out of my trance.
Not sure if it counts, but I currently have to sleep with the tv on (have made a CD I can play that will hopefully replace this to save electricity) but that's more about masking my tinnitus than a habit I had before. Luckily the tv in the living room has a timer, but I'm fed up of sleeping on the sofa when I'm struggling to sleep with the ringing :/ I've had it since New Year though, so really need to get into the habit of sleeping in the bed every night again before it becomes too much of a mental block.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by The Madcap

Interesting. I do this with "test sentences" or when I'm saying my thoughts out loud as if I were about to say them with someone. Don't know how to describe it. Do it often. I subvocalize a lot.

I also pick the skin around my nails, especially so when I'm nervous or anxious. Usually draws blood when I'm nervous/anxious
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by sashki
Sometimes I sit with my head resting on my left hand, and I crack my knuckles against my face.

I was doing this as i read the post.
I absolutely cannot eat anything unless I have something to drink as well. Even if it's just a little bite of something, I'll have to have a drink very soon after or the feeling of the food residue in my mouth will drive me insane.
Page 1 of 2