my low E and A string feel so loose i use 9-42 ernie balls

heres a link to a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlGiKuICj4&feature=youtu.be

in the video i pick each string 3 time in this order EADGBE the i play two power chords

E3 A5 THEN E5 A7 i dont know how many times

then bend every string once on the 7th fret in the same order that i picked them

and i didn't use my amp

PLEASE HELP! and turn your volume up thanks
You're definitely out of tune. What guitar do you have, and has it been properly set up? Are there any issues with your guitar currently? Perhaps give us some pictures/video of your bridge?
Sounds like you are down at least a half-step. They sell basic tuners (like a harmonica) that even most novice can hear/use. But yes, if ur going for straight EADGBE tuning, sounds way off. Just get your low E right, and go from there, as a start. Try playing a riff on your low E that you know, and adjust based off that.
If you are supposed to be in standard, lets try this old method.

Fret the low E at the fifth fret, then play the low E and A one after another, then together. They should be the same pitch.

Same thing with the A and D, the D and G, and the B and the high E. Fret the 4th fret on the G to do this with the G and B.

Edit: This won't let you know if you're actually in E standard exactly, but it'll at least let you know if you're even in any standard tuning. If you're not, then you has an issue.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Last edited by BigBigWater at Apr 6, 2012,
Quote by BigBigWater
If you are supposed to be in standard, lets try this old method.

Fret the low E at the fifth fret, then play the low E and A one after another, then together. They should be the same pitch.

Same thing with the A and D, the D and G, and the B and the high E. Fret the 4th fret on the G to do this with the G and B.

Doesnt help if his low E isnt in tune....
I use any of half a dozen snark tuners laying around my guitar room and I've had no problems with their accuracy...

You are significantly flat from standard, as near as I can tell you're at about a D5 +25c on the E.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Spud Spudly
Go for the $10 blue Snark on Amazon. You'll be happy.

You mean like the one he says he already has above?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
are you sure you're in the right octave as well? if they feel too loose then you might be downtuned
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Arby911
You mean like the one he says he already has above?

LOL -- I didn't realize that was TS. In that case, learn to use it.