Anyone know of the AC15vr is just the AC15 setting from a valvetronix but in a better looking package? I played one of the VR30's before they were discontinued and it was good. I already have a AD30VT and as much as I like the AC15VR I won't bother if it's not much in terms of an upgrade
I have one, it's pretty good but the distortion doesn't go heavy enough even on the modern setting. Its not a proper tube amp anyway and looking back I couldve gotten more for my money like a jet city or something.
Its gonna be slightly better sounding than the model onthe Valvetronix because rather than it being modeled from a chip it's actual curcuitr. Keep in mind that it's still mostly solid state circuitry not tube.

Anyway, it's not gonna be a worthwhile upgrade from you current amp. If you wan to upgrade to the same price then your best choice would a jet city jca22h or something similar that is all tube.

That being said, I do really like the Vox AC15VR and the cleans are great. The distorion is just slightly lacking. It is super silent though, even with lots of gain.
If you're gonna get an AC15, do yourself a favor and forget the VR models exist. the AC15Cxxxxx models are where it's at. All tube.

I don't understand the post above about the distortion not going heavy enough... it's an AC15, not a recto Not sure if you meant that it doesn't quite hit the same amount of drive as a real AC15, or if you were just trying to get more gain out of it than an AC15 is capable of.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I had the AC15VR. I bought a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and a Fulltone OCD pedal. Sold the Vox and never looked back.
I tried one and it was boring. Get a real ac15, or check out cheaper USA voiced alt.'s like the Blues Jr. or Carvin v16.
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Quote by jpatan
If you're gonna get an AC15, do yourself a favor and forget the VR models exist. the AC15Cxxxxx models are where it's at. All tube.

I don't understand the post above about the distortion not going heavy enough... it's an AC15, not a recto Not sure if you meant that it doesn't quite hit the same amount of drive as a real AC15, or if you were just trying to get more gain out of it than an AC15 is capable of.

I didn't mean the it wasn't heavy enough, that was just bad phrasing. The distortion was just very weak even on the modern gain setting (it's not exactly like an actual ac15/30, it has to gain modes. Gain mode 1 gets is similar to the top boost channel and gain mode 2 is meant to get close to a Marshall sorta distortion).
Do it right. Get a real AC15 (or AC30) and a nice pedal or two. You may very well never want another amp ever again, especially if you go for an AC30.
Better a used AC30 than a new VR.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by teamcooper
Anyone know of the AC15vr is just the AC15 setting from a valvetronix but in a better looking package? I played one of the VR30's before they were discontinued and it was good. I already have a AD30VT and as much as I like the AC15VR I won't bother if it's not much in terms of an upgrade

It won't be an upgrade. At most, it's a lateral move.