i recently became very interested in these pedals after seeing an article about them that mentioned frank zappas fondness for them. i was also intrigued by its capabilities, endless sustain, musical feedback on tap, parked wah type tones, and anything from beautiful to ugly to beautifully ugly tones.

my question is are there any diy harmonic energizer pedals out there and are there any other pedals that can accomplish the same thing?
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Yes, go to madbeanpedals.com. He sells a board for one. Though I think he's currently out of stock and waiting for more to be delivered. Really fun effect. Had a chance to buy an original a few years ago but shit was way overpriced.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
yeah thats exactly why im looking into diy thanks!
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.

Various Effects
If he doesn't get them in stock soon, I might have an extra board lying around if you want it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm quite sure that the Triskelion Harmonic Energizer is pretty much an exact replica of one in terms of circuitry. It's a great pedal too.
Quote by mmolteratx
If he doesn't get them in stock soon, I might have an extra board lying around if you want it.

sounds good can i pm you about it?

"I'm quite sure that the Triskelion Harmonic Energizer is pretty much an exact replica of one in terms of circuitry. It's a great pedal too."

the Triskelion was the pedal from the article i was talking about but unfortunately it costs too much
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.

Various Effects
Quote by voltafan485
sounds good can i pm you about it?

"I'm quite sure that the Triskelion Harmonic Energizer is pretty much an exact replica of one in terms of circuitry. It's a great pedal too."

the Triskelion was the pedal from the article i was talking about but unfortunately it costs too much

Ah ok, cos the triskelion isnt the original and frank Zappa didn't use it. He used the original one.
Quote by TheDuckMajor
Ah ok, cos the triskelion isnt the original and frank Zappa didn't use it. He used the original one.

the triskelion is 350 dollars and im not bill gates, im also pretty sure the original costs way more than 350 too. i can get the pcb for less than 20 bucks and spend the rest on a housing, switches, pots ect. and mod it to my liking for a fraction of the cost. i wasnt looking for the original anyway and mentioned no brand names, just the type of effect, but you would have known that if you read a little closer before trying to flame.
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.

Various Effects
Quote by voltafan485
the triskelion is 350 dollars and im not bill gates, im also pretty sure the original costs way more than 350 too. i can get the pcb for less than 20 bucks and spend the rest on a housing, switches, pots ect. and mod it to my liking for a fraction of the cost. i wasnt looking for the original anyway and mentioned no brand names, just the type of effect, but you would have known that if you read a little closer before trying to flame.

Woah, calm down.
I really don't know what I did to offend you and I certainly wasn't flaming, neither did I ever say that you should get the original and you never mentioned a budget. I just suggested a good pedal that I knew of that replicates the original harmonic energizer that frank Zappa used.

I was just tryin to be helpful and I had know idea that you were talking about the triskelion in the first place because, just like you said, you didn't merino brand names but you DID mention frank Zappa and frank used the original so I assumed that you were talking about the original.

I was just stating another cos I didn't realize that you wanted a DIY pedal.

I'd like to thank you for thanking my attempt to help you with accusation and being an utter dickhead.

You're welcome, but next time I'll remember that not trying to help you is better.