Hi, I've been using Reaper which I really like, but the problem is the MP3 encoder. Every time I try and download the LAME encoder, windows can't open the file.

Can someone either tell me what programme I need to download to make the encoder open, or another free recording software. Ideally, I need it stereo, with at least 15 tracks, and some simple built in mixing effects - reverb, delay etc

Thanks in advance.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Hi, there are few free recording softwares that are good, you should spend 75$ to buy Mixcraft 5 that is a reasonable recording software and that is simple to work with. If you're able to buy something better and if you have 600$ then you should buy Cubase 6.5 an advanced recording software. However if you don't want to spend any money then you should download Audacity. A software very simple and with the basics. Good work & have fun

Tango_mike
You don't have to OPEN the lame_enc file, you have to put it in the Reaper installation folder....... follow the instructions in Reaper, it tells you where to put it.

Reaper is also almost PERFECT if a barebones recording tool.
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Quote by henkka_potku
You don't have to OPEN the lame_enc file, you have to put it in the Reaper installation folder....... follow the instructions in Reaper, it tells you where to put it.

sorry. i'm bad.
Quote by henkka_potku

I've tried doing that, I've gone into the Program Files, then into Reaper and put it in the InstallData folder, but it still won't work. Am I doing something wrong? Useless with computers haha
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
That's probably because you don't put it in the installdata folder
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
That's probably because you don't put it in the installdata folder

Right, I can't seem to find the folder to put it in, hate computers, are there any guides of how to do this on the internet, can't work out where I need to move the copy the file to
You just put it in the base Reaper folder.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
On my Windows 7 pc I have the Lame.dll in C:\Program Files\Reaper (x64)
You just need to find the installation folder which will either be in Program Files or Program Files (x86) depending on where you installed it.
Quote by Beezerk
On my Windows 7 pc I have the Lame.dll in C:\Program Files\Reaper (x64)
You just need to find the installation folder which will either be in Program Files or Program Files (x86) depending on where you installed it.

Done that now, still no luck, really got no idea what I'm doing wrong