hello all,
Has anyone ever used a Leslie organ speaker/amp? A guy gave me one just to haul it away but now what do I do with it? It has the original organ connector cable and I was able to power it to get the rotating thingys to rotate, but how do I plug in? I have always heard of the old timers back in the day using these things but have never acutally seen one used first hand.
Do I need to convert it somehow? it was made sometime in the 50s/60s (i think)
Do I need to run a preamp in front? I have the guts from an old crate practice amp i could stuff in there.
Is this like an old effect?
Know of any web sites that could help?
And most imprortant, is this worth the effort?

thanks fellow travelers.
Yes you will certainly need a converter. Easiest probably to make by yourself, I'm not an expert though so I'm not really sure how. And yes, it certainly is worth the effort! A Leslie is the best you can find, now you just need a Hammond Organ!
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by 84tele
hello all,
Has anyone ever used a Leslie organ speaker/amp? A guy gave me one just to haul it away but now what do I do with it? It has the original organ connector cable and I was able to power it to get the rotating things to rotate, but how do I plug in? I have always heard of the old timers back in the day using these things but have never actually seen one used first hand.
Do I need to convert it somehow? it was made sometime in the 50s/60s (i think)
Do I need to run a preamp in front? I have the guts from an old crate practice amp i could stuff in there.
Is this like an old effect?
Know of any web sites that could help?
And most important, is this worth the effort?

thanks fellow travelers.

Yes it is like an old version of an effects pedal. The idea was that you could either record it using one mike for a kind of tremolo effect or you could use 2 microphones in stereo and the sound would then "travel" between each speaker in the mix. Pretty cool idea really. This was back before you could just pick up a stompbox with a chorus or a tremolo effect on it.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
You are so damn lucky! Those things are SO sought after, when aquired half of them need repairing, and they usually cost an arm. Please listen to The Beatles Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour, or Sgt. Pepper and you'll see how it was used to great effect.
Quote by henrihell
Yes you will certainly need a converter. Easiest probably to make by yourself, I'm not an expert though so I'm not really sure how. And yes, it certainly is worth the effort! A Leslie is the best you can find, now you just need a Hammond Organ!

dont have an organ. well I do but my wife says its not that impressive. I want to plug in the les paul, trying to get a bluesy early sixties sound. something different than straight in the marshall. I have some stomp boxes but was looking for something warmer kinda. old school vintage stuff I find fastinating.

thanks for the help