This is cool. Cedric posted it in the chat thread a few weeks ago.

I still find it interesting that Finland is #1, ahead of Norway, even though Norway has a lower population. Most people would think Norway and Sweden would be ahead since both are more renowned for their metal scene (although Finland has created some of the best metal bands ever).
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Last edited by Crazed Shredder at Apr 7, 2012,
Finland has a large amount of those pop/power metal bands as well(COB,Sonata Artica ect), I believe much more so than Norway or Sweden.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

You can lolwhitepeople all you like, we are the primary demographic for metal.
Quote by Steve08

you do know I'm white, right?

Or maybe I'm just missing the tone and now I look like an idiot
Philosophy > Life
I think you are putting more value into my statement than I did haha.
Quote by Steve08

I think Riffmast has a point. but as with any stereotypes, there will be plenty of exceptions.
I mean and not only that,but can anyone think of a non Western influenced country with a noteworthy metal metal scene/historical movement?. Even allot of the South American's who play it are of Portuguese heritage.
Quote by Steve08

Last edited by Riffmast at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Oh wow, Scandinavia.

fukk scandivinaia. they're shit. followed by more garbage after shit.

just this horrible shit fell from the sky and landed in SCATdinavia
awe yeah
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
I mean and not only that,but can anyone think of a non Western influenced country with a noteworthy metal metal scene/historical movement?. Even allot of the South American's who play it are of Portuguese heritage.
Israel has the whole oriental metal scene...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
What I like about this map is not only the indication of metal and how that relates to the rest of the world but also what this means in a socio-polical/cultural perspective. You could also say that places influenced by a specific cultural background will tend to listen to certain types of music. Population density data can be distorted statistically by how many people there are total in that country as well as the definition of which bands can be classified as "metal" by whomever's standards.

If you look at countries closest to the equator, you could say that environment can play a key role in whether people in said country will want to play metal or listen to metal music. Obviously, people who are in third world countries probably don't have the resources to invest in the equipment to play metal which requires electric guitars and double bass drums (usually). Those third world countries, in some locations, don't even have an electric grid so it would make sense that metal isn't a big part of their culture. In contrast, Scandinavia, North America, Australia and parts of South America all have the resources for a metal band to start up. In Scandinavia the environment is cold and harsh. The statistics indicate that suicide is also high which can also indicate the socio-political/cultural environment.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
wow, I didn't even know Svalbard existed until I looked at this map...they have a lot of metal bands for a land mass located within the arctic circle..
The statistics for Svalbard are probably grouped in with Norway.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Emperor's Child
Israel has the whole oriental metal scene...

Israel was founded by the west though. They only exist because of the muscle power of Westen Nations.And I have yet to hear a notable Israeli band, let alone a movement like Norweigen Black Metal or Swedish Death Metal to to think of a few examples.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by severed-metal
Melechesh? Orphaned Land? Salem?

About the only ones I can come up with.

<3
Philosophy > Life
What i'm wondering about is is the fact that demark and germany are both orange. Maybe its because I am german but still...name me a few bands from denmark o0 and i bet i can name a lot more german bands that are popular all over the world.