I want to get cranked tones at a quiet volume out of my Mesa boogie roadster. But I'm not sure if I'm wanting the sound of the amp cranked or the speakers being pushed, which I won't get at low volume. Would anyone recommend this? Does it have more of an effect than my amps master volume?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I had a similar issue a while ago and I ended up with a Weber Mass instead, that being said if attenuation is your goal, expect your tubes to wear out faster than normal
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
get or build yourself an IsoCab. Best decision i ever made when it comes to my rig. I can record quietly and crank my amp and push my speaker.
If you are using the amps pre-amp distortion, there isnt much point getting an attenuator.

just turn down the master volume and deal with not the most amazing tone ever when practicing.
Quote by tr3nt
I want to get cranked tones at a quiet volume out of my Mesa boogie roadster. But I'm not sure if I'm wanting the sound of the amp cranked or the speakers being pushed, which I won't get at low volume. Would anyone recommend this? Does it have more of an effect than my amps master volume?

i have a hotplate in my Bivalve, not impressive. i consider a tone suck knob (i seem to lose harmonic content and it muddies up my tone).

my THD bivalve uses the hotplate as the master volume, i would prefer a master volume.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yes, I have a hot plate.

No I do not recommend it for the purpose that you are talking about.
Alright I won't get one, thanks for saving me a couple hundred bucks!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch