I can't decide which one to get. I play everything from Stone temple pilots and Nirvana to Metallica and the RHCP. Price isn't to big of a concern. I play a fender strat I play it through a Fender Frontman 212R. Thanks.
Neither through that amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
way huge
I've heard really good things about these, but have never played either of your options so idk.
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
Quote by Raijouta
Neither through that amp.

Massive +1.

I'm considering the same pedals. The musket seems a little simpler to understand since there's no internal trimpots and they get a lot of love from many people round here who really know what they're talking about.
New Amp
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
What you really need is a new amp, brotatoe!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Fuzz only good through tube amps. REALLY!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
I don't think your amp is a big deal. I've been using that amp for a few months now as my second amp (I play two at once, the main being a SUNN Beta Lead) because my tube combo is broken and I have no money to fix it. It sounds fine as a basic, loud combo. If you know how to EQ and have a decent dirt pedal, it's fine. It's not like you're going to buy a decent fuzz and be like "Aww! It sounds like absolute garbage through my gear!"
I'm not gonna bash your amp. Though I do have a hard time liking the sound of a fuzz through cheap solid state amps. Sounds fizzy and harsh.

In terms of the two fuzzes though, definitely the Musket Fuzz. I had a V1 for ages. Only reason I sold it is because I had my Big Muff modded to musket specs with the addition of two other circuits to save space. The Musket is a brilliant fuzz. Definitely one of my favourites.
I think the Pickle and the Musket are basically the same - but the Musket has all its controls on the outside as opposed to the Way Huge which has two of it's controls on the inside (trim-pots).

I had both. Very similar. I'd say the Musket is more aggressive and the way huge Is more woofy.
Last edited by 667 at Apr 7, 2012,
Musket is super tweakable. I love mine.

Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
I'm not gonna bash your amp. Though I do have a hard time liking the sound of a fuzz through cheap solid state amps. Sounds fizzy and harsh.

In terms of the two fuzzes though, definitely the Musket Fuzz. I had a V1 for ages. Only reason I sold it is because I had my Big Muff modded to musket specs with the addition of two other circuits to save space. The Musket is a brilliant fuzz. Definitely one of my favourites.

Did you sell that thing again?
ok thanks for the feedback. Can anyone suggest some good tube amps, but nothing that is going to cost me a ton of money?
If you're not playing with a band or anything, the Epiphone Valve Junior is a great deal! Actually I think there are quite a few decently priced small-wattage tube combos available.
Quote by ACollier
Maybe one day it'll make its way back to me.

Naw dude, the Fuzz I had John mod me is wayyy better. The Musket is with a buddy in Grand Rapids, so I could very well end up with it again. But I don't think so this time. I didn't even feel remorseful when I sold it this time.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What you really need is a new amp, brotatoe!

lol

Yeah, a new amp would be the best move. The frontman isn't overtly horrible, but for any one of us in your position, we'd all focus on getting something worth putting pedals in front of.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by SeattleSound
so what is a really tube amp under 400-500$ that I could play alone or with a band?

A 50W tube amp is a good option.

Genre(s)?
Location?
Bands you like to sound like?
Actual gear you own?

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans