Hey guys, I recieved a trade offer and I was hoping you guys could determine what it was and what its value is. I've always wanted a Steinberger of some sort. Here's the pictures. I'm thinking it's a GP2S, however, i'm not sure. And i'm definitely not sure about its value. Thanks for the help!

1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Apr 6, 2012,
That's a GP2 something... I'd need a better picture to be totally sure but I'd wager it's an S. I don't see the things you should see for a T trem.

The P series is a mid-lower end offering from steinberger and weren't around for too long. Typically don't fetch the prices of the M, L or K series. For an S trem model in good condition I'd probably want to pay around $1k for a fair price, a T-trem probably around $1k5 or so. I haven't seen one of these for sale for a few years though, they may be fashionable now and worth more.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Tis what I thought. Unfortunately the guy sold it earlier today for $400. I just sent him an email telling him about his misfortunes lol
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Quote by BlackIce87
Tis what I thought. Unfortunately the guy sold it earlier today for $400. I just sent him an email telling him about his misfortunes lol

The trem could nearly fetch that price on its own! With the neck you're probably looking at $600 of parts right there.

Somebody got a steal assuming it's in good nick.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by power freak
That's a GP2 something... I'd need a better picture to be totally sure but I'd wager it's an S. I don't see the things you should see for a T trem.

The P series is a mid-lower end offering from steinberger and weren't around for too long. Typically don't fetch the prices of the M, L or K series. For an S trem model in good condition I'd probably want to pay around $1k for a fair price, a T-trem probably around $1k5 or so. I haven't seen one of these for sale for a few years though, they may be fashionable now and worth more.

Mid- Tier my ASS! like the above said: the neck alone is worth a bundle! Graphite: even with a wood body. Steinberger is an AWESOME instrument. Few built like it these days. Even Steinberger themselves doesn't offer them like that. The only thing better is a TransTrem. Still, a very nice guitar.
Quote by Jruta
Mid- Tier my ASS! like the above said: the neck alone is worth a bundle! Graphite: even with a wood body. Steinberger is an AWESOME instrument. Few built like it these days. Even Steinberger themselves doesn't offer them like that. The only thing better is a TransTrem. Still, a very nice guitar.

I am a steinberger enthusiast... It IS a mid-tier instrument... The P-series was introduced so that people could afford a steinberger without paying for an L-series. The fact they couldn't afford to sell them at this low price is the reason they were only around for a few years and are quite rare.

Notice I am not saying it's a bad instrument; on the contrary. I prefer the wood bodied instruments generally.