Okay, I decided to cover a grunge song today, in order to pay respects to both Kurt and Layne for April 5th (Yes, I am aware I'm a day late). I chose Even Flow just because I've really been into the song the last few weeks.

This is the first real vocal cover that I've done, and I have no idea how to sing. Any tips/feedback would be greatly appreciated. As of now, I kinda just sing with whatever tips I've found from YouTube.

Even Flow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoNzjaP4UI.

Thanks!
- Chris
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.
Here, an awesome medal. It's made out of awesomnite.
:extends medal:

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
I would give you an awesome metal, but
I can't find any awesomnite.
Sounds ok, but I think it comes across too much as if you're trying to put on something that doesn't come naturally. Sing with your own voice, don't try too hard to be someone else :P
Quote by Ultima2876
Sounds ok, but I think it comes across too much as if you're trying to put on something that doesn't come naturally. Sing with your own voice, don't try too hard to be someone else :P

Haha really? I didn't try to sound like Eddie Vedder at all...
Quote by Eddie4President
You are amazing. The fact that you have paramore next to disturbed shows how awesome you are.
Here, an awesome medal. It's made out of awesomnite.
:extends medal:

Quote by Fallen_Seeker
Thank you!
I would give you an awesome metal, but
I can't find any awesomnite.
That's just what it sounded like to me. One of the old singers from my band was very similar, and it sounded kinda 'forced'. It might be the song - maybe do a different song and see?

I think your pitch is good though, so good job there. It didn't sound sharp or flat to my ears, and the quality of your voice isn't bad - it just sounded a bit like it was trying to be something it's not. Could be a misfire on my part though.