So, i've taken on the tedious task of sorting through my line 6 studio pod so i can put the good effects into a folder for easy use

about 5% have made the cut

90% sound bad/dumb

and the other 5%...well the other 5% sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXj8R-EYA6s

This is me strumming a G chord, once, holding it for about 5 seconds, and letting the effects take over. Why the hell did I pay for this shit? The funniest part is, these are all the line 6 created effects...no actually that's the second funniest part. the real funniest part is...there's a whole bunch more of these locked, and you have to pay to unlock them. seriously??
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Wow sounds pretty sweet!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by JustRooster
How much did you pay for it?

it was around 200$

I mostly bought it for hooking my guitar up to my computer, and it does that nicely, so i guess the ability to play along to youtube vids through headphones was worth it on its own, but still...the built in effects are horrible. there's about 6 good ones, a hundred crappy ones, and a dozen "wtf" ones. whoever they hired to create these presets should be given a lobotomy.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
->So, i've taken on the tedious task of sorting through my line 6 studio pod

->the tedious task of sorting through my line 6 studio pod

->my line 6 studio pod

->line 6

EDIT: My personal favorites were 0:50 and 1:23.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Last edited by Alpha_Wolf at Apr 6, 2012,
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

->my line 6 studio pod

->line 6

touche
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by Rebel Scum
You have no patience when it comes to finding a sound you want. Just saying.

I don't see where that came from, or what that has to do with anything, but thanks for the input?
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

->my line 6 studio pod

->line 6

Believe it or not, but not all Line 6 gear sucks. I know, and it snows in hell too.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
You can get some pretty weird sci-fi-ish sounds out of it, it seems. I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it.
By themselves, some of those are pretty bad. However, in the context of the correct song, you might be able to use some of those once or twice. Twice might be stretching it a little. Would I be tempted to pay Line 6 for the locked ones? Uh, no.

FWIW, I'm getting ready to buy an Eventide Eclipse, which is a fairly cool rackmount effects processor. It also has some strange effects, but again... in the context of the correct song, they'd be fairly cool.
Quote by mike_oxbig
I don't see where that came from, or what that has to do with anything, but thanks for the input?

Well your complaining about it, the tedious task. Whether it either takes knowledge or trial and error you keep going til you create a good sound. Since your OP whinged about a perfectly good piece of equipment I made that comment. Understand?

Can you not change the presets? I thought you could. Also with those sounds you could change your picking like the edge does.

You ain't thinking outside the box.
Last edited by Rebel Scum at Apr 6, 2012,
They sound really useful actually. I'm being 100% serious - not every effect will work with a big old strummed G chord. Some of these would work well for textured subtle playing. I've used similar stuff before.

You could also use some for dissonance and ambience tracks. Effects are all about creativity - it's not the effects that are lacking, it's your use of them!
Quote by Ultima2876
not every effect will work with a big old strummed G chord

think that's the most important point really
I have a studio, a lot of those are synths and octaves. When It comes down to it, how many effects do you really use? I use delay and chorus, and thats about it. You can get some seriously good sounds if you string the effects together correctly. Its taken me 3 months of playing with the thing for at least 20 minutes a day to figure out what I like and what I don't .

The ones you have to pay to unlock? They basically charge you that much for an amp, although, these effects are supposed to be higher quality. Its why the POD foot pedals are so expensive. Moreover, its an interface, you can also plug a mic into, duplicate phantom power, etc.... The basics you get will pretty much facilitate your every need if you take the time to get through them all. I hear the metal pack is nifty though.
my boss gt-8 is pretty much the same. hundreds of useless effects and only a couple keepers.
the useless ones were pretty cool when i used to pop pills and shit but now they're just useless
A lot of the things you have to pay for are the tones and effects that at one time were exclusive to the HD147 and Vetta amps. They were then made available for software as a premium add-on. I would expect the new 'HD' tones they're using in the Spider Valve MK2 and the HD300-500 floor units will become available to POD products for a small fee too.

And the premium ones do sound better than the basic models, and the premium effects have more options and give you more control. I can't say I've ever had a problem with Line 6's stuff. I think nine times out of ten when someone has an issue with modelling stuff or software like this it's because they don't know how to use it. They click on the basic Plexi model and think it will instantly give them Jimmy Page's tone or they go crazy stacking a hundred effects on and then wonder why the sound is a confused mess.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Cartr1dgeBased
my boss gt-8 is pretty much the same. hundreds of useless effects and only a couple keepers.
the useless ones were pretty cool when i used to pop pills and shit but now they're just useless

Coincidentally, I take ambien as I have insomnia. If you stay up too long after taking it things get somewhat trippy. Abe Lincoln doesn't pop out of the TV but things do get strange. I used to find the more 'useless' effects much more interesting after I had taken the ambien.
I wasn't complaining about the equipment, i was complaining about the retarded presets. I can understand making a whole bunch of effects combinations so they can put a big number on the box to say "xxx preset effects included!" but they took it way overboard, to the point of finding the good presets in this pile of junk is painful. Not only are the majority of the presets bad sounding, they include all the presets you don't have the option to use in the list, too.

Yeah, in theory, a creative musician could use one of the weird effects for some ambient background noise or something, but in reality you'll end up sounding like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuBJLTdr_pQ

And I know playing a single G chord isn't exactly a recipe for creating music, the point behind it was to show how obnoxious and drawn out the effects are with very minimal input. trust me it only gets more obnoxious when you play different notes.

Like I said they're not all that bad, but why even put crap like that in the mix?
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I know, and it snows in hell too.

Well, according to Dante.........
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

->my line 6 studio pod

->line 6

There's more to Line 6 than just Spider amps.
The POD is actually pretty good despite the cornucopia of weirdness that is somewhere in its settings.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I'm pretty sure you didn't pay for the presets. Take some time and put together the sounds you want yourself. I have used pod farm for a couple of years and i think it's great but like i said, you have to take the time and try the gear.
I liked them they sounded like it would make for some shenanigans.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Someone obviously has no knowledge of progressive or ambient music.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Haha some are pretty goofy :') Although I guess it's hard to find a practical use for a lot of them xD
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
You should work on tuning your guitar before diving into effects.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H