Hello all, I got a Dimarzio Super 3 in my Jackson peformer PS2, but I have an LTD F50 lying around doing nothing. Sense it's a string through and has a thicker neck would that make it sound better? My Jackson has a wickedly thin neck and has a blocked off floyd. Now if it's just personal preference i'll just stick with the Jack but if the LTD will sound more metal and bad ass then I can always put it in there.
You'll never know until you try it.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Try it with different guitars.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
but then like I gotta waste 2 sets of strings, and if it don't make a difference then I gotta like, swap the pickups back. That would be bogus!
believe me it makes a world of difference. I actually prefer cheaper guitars (guitars under 600 dollars) and you can really buy a cheap guitar and just add some pickups and make it MUCH better.
There's gotta be somebody around here with sense enough to tell me if a fatter neck and totally different bridge system would make a difference or not. I want a thicker sound, I'm already am happy with the sound i'm getting. But if I can improve it with what I have going on with the F50. I have always heard people bitch about floyd's being shit for sustain. I want a sound that has BALLS.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
believe me it makes a world of difference. I actually prefer cheaper guitars (guitars under 600 dollars) and you can really buy a cheap guitar and just add some pickups and make it MUCH better.

That's why I won't buy a super expensive guitar. I would much rather buy a guitar that was built good with shitty electronics compaired to an expensive guitar. With proper setup and care a cheapy can really be a great playing guitar.
Quote by uncle_sprinter
There's gotta be somebody around here with sense enough to tell me if a fatter neck and totally different bridge system would make a difference or not. I want a thicker sound, I'm already am happy with the sound i'm getting. But if I can improve it with what I have going on with the F50. I have always heard people bitch about floyd's being shit for sustain. I want a sound that has BALLS.

It will sound more full in the ltd. I have string thru and floyd rose guitars with the same bridge pups in them, and it makes a difference. More metallic and trebly in the trem guitars, deeper mids and a bit more bass in the string thrus
Quote by gman128
It will sound more full in the ltd. I have string thru and floyd rose guitars with the same bridge pups in them, and it makes a difference. More metallic and trebly in the trem guitars, deeper mids and a bit more bass in the string thrus

Why thank you good sir. I kind of thought so but I wasn't positive enough to just start yanking pickups lol. I also didn't quite know exactly what was improved just that the string thru would would make it more metal.
Quote by uncle_sprinter
but then like I gotta waste 2 sets of strings, and if it don't make a difference then I gotta like, swap the pickups back. That would be bogus!

You could put the pickup in, then wait till the strings are dead, then if you want take the pickup back out.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer