Im wanting to make some microphone cables. Would this be good cable to use?

http://best-tronics.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BMI&Product_Code=CA-0453&Category_Code=MICROPHONE

If not does anyone have a better suggestion of cable to use?
Chris

My Gear-
Guitars: Ibanez S570DXQM, First Act VW GarageMaster
Amps: Peavey ValveKing 112, Roland 15XL
Pedals: Big Muff w/ Tone & Wicker, Original Crybaby w/ Modifications, BYOC Overdrive 2, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Boss PH-3,
Should be; it's 3-strand shielded and the impedence should be right too since it's listed as mic cable.

So now the important thing to do is use the Neutrik connectors at that site; not any of the others.

And then it will be important to double check that you wireed and soldered them correctly. F- that up and you could blow a mic if there's ever phantom power.
Chris

My Gear-
Pedals: Big Muff w/ Tone & Wicker, Original Crybaby w/ Modifications, BYOC Overdrive 2, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Boss PH-3,
Well, you can't go wrong with the Neutriks. They're the standard everyting else is measured against.

The others are a copy and they at least share several visible design features with the Neurtriks. Maybe they work as well, maybe they don't. If you're on a budget and aren't using them professionally, then might as well give them a try; especially if you need a lot of them.

But if your priority is to never have an XLR connection fail on you, then I recommend Neutrik and check the condition of them periodically if they get a lot of use.

I've had cheap stuff (and even poorly designed expensive stuff) fail on me before, so it's all Neutrik for me from now on unless I find something better some day.

The Neutriks are also available all black. And the red boot would come in handy if you're doing stereo.
Where do you buy your Neutrik from? I like that one site cause they sell wire really cheap but hte connectors are always expensive. I use the GLS Audio connectors for all my guitar stuff and everything sounds just as good as any other one.
Chris

My Gear-
Chris

My Gear-
Chris

My Gear-
Quote by Ultrakd
Where do you buy your Neutrik from? I like that one site cause they sell wire really cheap but hte connectors are always expensive. I use the GLS Audio connectors for all my guitar stuff and everything sounds just as good as any other one.

It's really difficult to hear the difference between guitar cables unless they just don't work. Probably impossible to hear a difference between guitar plugs.

The worst thing that can happen w/a 1/4" plug is the tip break off and get stuck in the jack. Not a huge problem in most guitars, but would really suck in an amp or a pedal.

If the GLS XLRs work, then use them if you can afford to take a little more risk of them failing than you really need to. Neutriks aren't that expensive. Neutrik also has a budget line made in China...Rean. They come on Hosa's higher-end cables. They have similar styling to the Neutriks, but I don't know about the quality. It appears to be the same or similar basic designs and they have a lifetime warranty, so they're probably OK.

I get my Neutriks from local stores, Musician's Friend, or whatever the best deal I can find on the internet. Usually free shipping from Amazon or MF makes them hard to beat, if I have enough stuff to buy to qualify for the free shipping.

As for the cables, I'd be wary of the expensive cable you linked to. The description doesn't appear to match the photo. The photo seems to have more internal wires than you need. The cheaper one you originially linked to has what you need, is made in USA, and costs almost 1/3 as much. But the other cable is thicker. I don't know what gauge the wires in my cables are. The cables I've made have been storebought, and I've removed and replaced crappy connectors.

I'm about to replace a great Neutrik connector on a Peavey cable with another Neutrik because I need the 90 degree connection for a wireless transmitter to fit in the road case.