raul_duarte11
76 IQ
My amp died a couple of days ago and I'm thinking of buying this 100-watt Fender Mustang III. It has a good price plus a 2-button footswitch. I'm not a very fancy player, I play rythm guitar, play some small gigs, heavy metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, some classic rock and sometimes even Death. would you recommend this amp? or any other one?
JDRed
549 IQ
Not very good at all for modern metal. Classic, (60's-mid 80's) would be fine.
You Ruined It
I play the gee-tar.
707 IQ
I don't know specifically for metal (I play alternative/indie rock) but here's my two cents on the amp

My bandmate has this and if you spend time finding a good tone you'll be surprised with what you can get out of it. I know cause I had to make some presets for him

Since it's a modeling amp you'll be able to get some very crunchy stuff and very clean stuff. Tons of onboard effects and everything can be fine tuned. Give it a try at a local store and see what you think.

My only complaints are that the default settings aren't that good (fine tune it for your guitar and it might be better) and the first preset that it's set to when the amp is turned on sounds absolutely horrible. But you can edit it and set the default to a nice clean or something

hope that helps!
oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,205 IQ
At that price point I'd find a Vypyr tube 60 used.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
You'd be better off with a Roland Cube or a Peavey Vypyr.

What is your budget? Where are you located?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
JKHC
918 IQ
Mine has the fizz

Don't get it for metal......the only thing it has over the competitors (if you're playing metal) is the addendum which makes it really easy to dial in a sound.

Don't get it
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
PsiGuy60
UG's Least Wanted
603 IQ
Clean tones are brilliant, distorted tones are fizz central.
A Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr suits metal much better.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
golferlaird
10 IQ
If you like computers,and tweaking sounds, Mustang III is great. I Have a CUBE 80XL and Mustang III, The Mustang is LOUD, great effects, FUN but takes up too much of my time... I use my CUBE more now because of the simplicity
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)
3,630 IQ
I would like to back up what others have said:

The Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 will suit what you want more than the Mustang. The Vypyr excells at Metal tones, whereas the Mustang's strong suit is classic rock. You can snag a Vypyr Tube 60 for around $250 used most of the time, and you can usually find them with the Sanpera II for around $400, if you need the footswitching versatility. You can probably get the Sanpera I for cheaper, though.