So apparently, some scientists are now stating that pink is not a real color because it does not appear in the rainbow. What do you guys think?
...What?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by dann_blood
Before this thread turns towards the usual stupid shit:

http://www.biotele.com/magenta.html

" the representation of colors is solely dependent on the brain and color is only experienced in the mind. Light is colorless and color is a Quale."

The only thing you need to read in that article.

I don't care if it's multiple wavelengths or whatever, if I see it, it's a fucking color. End of story.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Pink is a hue/shade of red. By saying it is not a color just means they're trying to be overtechnical nerds. But it is still technically true...
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Quote by jetfuel495
It's not a color. It's a shade of red.

this, those scientist need better things to do.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
the stupidity of this thread angers me
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Apr 7, 2012,
I'm starting to lose faith in science... they always come up with new bullshit nobody gives a damn about for example: Chocolate is good for you, almonds make you lose weight, eating breakfast helps keep your weight down, and now telling me pink isn't a color???
Im a nerd , but these guys are on a whole nother fuking dimension of smartassedness....
Quote by CodeMonk
Next they are gonna tell us Llamas are really aliens.

Not to criticize science or anything, but it seems there are times these people need better things to do.

I hope the partial quote with which I started the above sentence will be recognized. It's from a great movie.
^^^Can you elaborate on this? That sounds really interesting.
Honey mustard is best mustard.
Quote by Dirge Humani
It is a color in English speaking languages. In Russian there are two blues, Japanese doesn't distinguish green and blue, lots of African languages don't distinguish black and blue. Color and language is weird.

Yeah, this is a really cool point. I've also heard eskimos and siberian cultures distinguish something like 3 different whites that they associate with types of snow.
Quote by meh217
So apparently, some scientists are now stating that pink is not a real color because it does not appear in the rainbow. What do you guys think?

Which scientist are saying this?

Are you are referring to the fact that the colour "pink" is created by our brain to bridge the violet and red ends of the colour spectrum? If so, you may want to clarify that in the OP.
Quote by thesexiestofall
I'm starting to lose faith in science... they always come up with new bullshit nobody gives a damn about for example: Chocolate is good for you, almonds make you lose weight, eating breakfast helps keep your weight down, and now telling me pink isn't a color???
Im a nerd , but these guys are on a whole nother fuking dimension of smartassedness....

You're retarded.