ive already searched and had no luck so new thread

anyways, as the title says, im lookin at getting a bass guitar, but since i dont have the room for another amp i was thinking of running it through my HD500, but i havnt heard of anyone thats done it
the hd500 has the latest updates so would it be just plug in and go or do i need to change any of the settings?
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
Just use clean settings instead of amp or dirt box simulation and it'll probably sound fine. The modulations and delays and such will work just fine on it. The dirt will technically work too, but it'll cut a ton of low end and probably sound like butt.
I recommend just playing acoustic....

EDIT: I ahve ben playing bass for years, and rarely plug it in, Just slap that thang!

Hit us up when you need an amp for gigs!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Apr 7, 2012,
It won't hurt anything, play around with your settings and see what you come up with.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Use the bass models on the POD? Or use a parametric EQ to boost low end on a normal clean/gritty amp and shut off cabinet modelling? Works well on my RP- I use the Bassman model with the Bassman 410 cab model, and use the P-EQ to boost about 6 Dbs in the 20-40Hz range (I tune low).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80HDWu__0tw
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Apr 7, 2012,
The new update for the HD actually adds a bass amp model. So that could possibly get you closer to the sound you want for bass. Some of the guitar models do work wuite well though. Suchas a the bassman and hiwatt

As far as hooking things up, you just need a cable to go from guitar to pod. You also need headphones/monitors/whatever you're using for sound
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
thansk for the info guys, been quite helpfull

Quote by GS LEAD 5
Use the bass models on the POD? Or use a parametric EQ to boost low end on a normal clean/gritty amp and shut off cabinet modelling? Works well on my RP- I use the Bassman model with the Bassman 410 cab model, and use the P-EQ to boost about 6 Dbs in the 20-40Hz range (I tune low).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80HDWu__0tw

thats a pretty sweet tone u got there, if anything id just have a fiddle with the bass sim on pod and see how i go

Quote by ibanezguitars44
The new update for the HD actually adds a bass amp model. So that could possibly get you closer to the sound you want for bass. Some of the guitar models do work wuite well though. Suchas a the bassman and hiwatt

As far as hooking things up, you just need a cable to go from guitar to pod. You also need headphones/monitors/whatever you're using for sound

if anything id be running the bass clean so wont really need to worry bout any distortion stuff, but for hooking things up, was just checkin incase any settings or something needed to be changed

Quote by Usernames sucks
How do you connect your hd500 to your cube 60 btw?

i dont, i havnt really touched the cube for bout a year now, i run the pod into my computer (via usb) for recording, then i run a seperate left/right rca cable from the headphone plug on the unit into my pc speakers, then just go through headphones from there
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60