Sorry guys, more questions about stuff I'm playing that sounds good, but I have no idea why. Riff:

e |----------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------|------|
b |----------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------|------|
G |-------0--------0---------0----------0--------0--|-------0-------0--------0--------0------0-|----0-|
D |-----0--------0---------0----------0--------0----|-----0-------0--------0--------0------0---|--0---|
A |--9--------10--------12--------10--------7-----|--9------10------12-------9-------3------|-5---|
E |----------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------|------|

So, I have identified that the bass/moving notes are, F#, G, A, C, D, and E. My piano buddy said that I am playing in, or playing, the D major scale. I could type things that I think it could be, but I'd most likely be wrong. I posted another riff like this a while back and the poster said that I'm playing a harmonically in the key, and that I don't have any chord changes if only the root note is moving.

If you guys could tell me what I'm playing, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Apr 7, 2012,
I just played it and between the repetition of the D and G (D is the 5 of G which pulls strongly toward G) and the notes it sounds G major to me. It definitely wants to resolve on G in the end. D major contains a C sharp so I'm not really thinking that. As an exercise for your ear try the same riff but substitute the 9th fret on the A string for the 8th and the 7th for the 6th (thus changing F# to F and E to Eb). Sounds G minor then. Cool lick, have fun and keep at it with learning the music behind it.
Die troll

Dean VMNTX (EMG set)
Peavey 6505+ 112
+ a buncha teh pedlulz
Okay, thanks a lot guys. And, Nosuchman, I'll try it out.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame