Page 1 of 2
started building some 3 & 6 string cbg-style guitar's, and a few solid body guitar's, here's some pic's,

re-finished this cheap tele copy in my favorite colour, sea foam aqua, it was a crappy burst finish,,

"CRATE" lookalike amp i made,, out of re-cycled fence panel's, 12" speaker out of an old church organ,

I laughed so hard at that square start.
I'd love to play that thing
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
took this one to a pro guitar player, (i cant play) just to see what he thought about it, he liked it, then bought it, i was really pleased,

Awesome Builds Hermit and your amps gave me some ideas. I'm building a small 12" speaker nautical theme combo. Mahogany decking with caulk lines and some Teak for top and bottom narrow panels. Brass corners and hardware. Rope handle and rope piping. The amp is a small old RCA 10 watt tube PA amp that I modded for guitar. It sounds great even though it only has volume control. If I knew a little more about amps, I would add a tone circuit - it has a second aux volume pot that could possibly be used for tone and it's all point to point wiring so it's easly to work on.
EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Quote by Mars Rover
Awesome Builds Hermit and your amps gave me some ideas. I'm building a small 12" speaker nautical theme combo. Mahogany decking with caulk lines and some Teak for top and bottom narrow panels. Brass corners and hardware. Rope handle and rope piping. The amp is a small old RCA 10 watt tube PA amp that I modded for guitar. It sounds great even though it only has volume control. If I knew a little more about amps, I would add a tone circuit - it has a second aux volume pot that could possibly be used for tone and it's all point to point wiring so it's easly to work on.

sound's good,, some pic's would be nice,,
Some of these aren't really my thing (not a fan of a bolt as the bridge), but a lot of these are awesome. I love the mandolin looking instrument.
Quote by GARAGE HERMIT
amp i made from an old extension speaker cabinet,,

I'd kill for a amp that looks like a cathedral speaker.
Quote by GARAGE HERMIT
sound's good,, some pic's would be nice,,

Haven't really started the cabinet yet. I added the 1/4" jacks for input and speakers and also the neon lamp to the amp. I'll probably go with a more classic jewel light later. It sounds great with that little cab that goes with it but even better with some of my bigger speakers so I'll build it into a cabinet along with a 10" or 12" speaker. I think the amp will just go in facing the back so the combo will just look like a speaker cabinet from the front. One cool thing about this amp is all of those speaker terminals for various impedance.They all work so just about any speaker is usable.

The mahogany is actually mahogany plywood (speed boat floor boards) so the caulk lines are fake (painted). I have plenty of these so will select the best ones, just give them a light sanding instead of stripping, then more coats of spar varnish. The teak is at the bottom of the stack and it just looks like cardboard now - but I've worked with this board before and with a coat varnish, it very pretty wood.

EBMM JP6, EBMM Bongo Bass 5-string, Heritage H140CM, ESP Tele Copy, ESP P-Bass Copy, ESP Maverick, Fender HM Strat, Ibanez ST-55, Epiphone Broadway, Taylor 310, Seagull S-12, Musicman Sixty-Five Reverb, Fender HRD, Ampeg B-25B
Quote by Mars Rover
The amp is a small old RCA 10 watt tube PA amp that I modded for guitar. It sounds great even though it only has volume control. If I knew a little more about amps, I would add a tone circuit - it has a second aux volume pot that could possibly be used for tone and it's all point to point wiring so it's easly to work on.

A tone control would be very simple to add. You're right, being point-to-point would be that much easier to work with.

Do you want just a simple treble cut? That's just one capacitor and the potentiometer you already have.

There's a cool tonestack that uses just one potentiometer. Turn it to the left and you boost bass, turn it to the right and you boost treble. It's only three resistors and two capacitors.
Quote by end_citizen
There's a cool tonestack that uses just one potentiometer. Turn it to the left and you boost bass, turn it to the right and you boost treble. It's only three resistors and two capacitors.

It dosn't really need tone control, especially treble cut - but the the bass/treble boost single knob does sound cool - and I thought that the second knob should do something. I've read about modding PA amps for guitar and there's something about tapping into one of the gain stages for adding tone stacks that I sorta understand - but not really without a specific schematic and parts list.

There is a schematic stuck to inside bottom cover so maybe I'll scan it and post it for some ideas. The guts of this amp are like new ( Iforget what the tubes are) and it gets pretty loud, breaks up nicely andd sounds very musical.
These made me lol so hard. Great work, sweet builds.
Custom Built Soloist w/ Invader & Sustainiac - Douglas Scope 725 - Douglas Grendle 727 - Squier Affinity Series Fat Strat Electric Guitar - Dean Vendetta XM
Bugera 333 Infinium - Kustom 120 Watt Cab - POD HD500 - Ibanez V70 Acoustic
Quote by Mars Rover
It dosn't really need tone control, especially treble cut - but the the bass/treble boost single knob does sound cool - and I thought that the second knob should do something. I've read about modding PA amps for guitar and there's something about tapping into one of the gain stages for adding tone stacks that I sorta understand - but not really without a specific schematic and parts list.

There is a schematic stuck to inside bottom cover so maybe I'll scan it and post it for some ideas. The guts of this amp are like new ( Iforget what the tubes are) and it gets pretty loud, breaks up nicely andd sounds very musical.

Check out this thread for more advice on this kind of thing:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223425

Cascading gain stages is nothing new at all. It's been done since the 30s or 40s. It'll bring the gain up and the volume up.
gathering part's for a new project, turning this cheap (99p) acoustic, with a warped neck, into an electro-acoustic, bolt-on neck, old pick-up, and imitation bigsby,

another project in the work's, as if i have'nt enough on the go,
was given some scrap maple, cut it up a bit, then modified a LP template to fit,,

plywood tele i made a while ago, really heavy, so i put a few hole's in it, and gave it the worst paint job in the world,, i'm going to sand it a bit, then knock it about a bit,

That Cheddar Tele is cool. Looking forward to the finished product.
I'm loving this! It's like you're the frankenstein of guitars!!
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
here's something else i've started on,, bought this tanglewood tbs 500, dont really like the sound of it , so i'm modding it a bit,,

I think this is my favorite thread on ug. Amazing builds my friend
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
I'm going to post one of mine.For those who might of missed it.I'm not trying to take away from your builds. I just think we think alike..
Quote by PTModIT
I'm going to post one of mine.For those who might of missed it.I'm not trying to take away from your builds. I just think we think alike..

that one put's all mine in the shade, nice and weird, look's like you've a few more funky looking build's there too, nice,, any more pic's, ?, might get a few idea's,,
I think i've posted all mine on here. Just search my name. I don't want to fill your thread with mine.I've got cigar box guitars to.
Page 1 of 2