I was playing my acoustic for a bit, and after a while of finger picking, the strings would sometimes feel, I don't know like sand paper when I plucked them. It didn't have the normal feeling, it felt as if the wiring or what ever on the strings were loose. It doesn't always feel like this, but it's not something I like.

Does this mean the strings are getting old and need to be replaced? Is this normal?
Unless you're extremely poor it can't hurt to change them to see any if there is any difference.
It sounds to me like there's a fair amount of build-up on your strings, like dirt, dead skin, etc...

I could ask how old they are, how clean you keep your hands, or make some pseudo-dermatologist line about your skin's acid content. But, I'll just say this instead - by all means, change those things.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Yes, new strings. Then, get in the habit of wiping down the strings with a soft cloth after each playing session.
I'm actually OCD so my hands are clean at all times and I don't know how old the strings are. I got this guitar in December and have been using the same strings since then. It was a gift so I don't know if new string were put on when it was bought.
Quote by DudE132
I'm actually OCD so my hands are clean at all times and I don't know how old the strings are. I got this guitar in December and have been using the same strings since then. It was a gift so I don't know if new string were put on when it was bought.
C'mon man, acoustic strings, especially uncoated strings, are good for maybe a couple of weeks, tops.

That's assuming heavy play. So, who doesn't give a brand new guitar heavy play? If you see my point.