Hey all,

Today my original cry baby will be delivered.
So really quicks question it goes in the front of the guitar rigtht?

Keep on rockin'!

Liam.
Most often yeah you place it before the preamp.

Tom Morello though uses it in the FX loop and his wah tones are great. Up to you.
This depends what you want to achieve. Most find wah before drive most desireable. That way, the overdrive will compress the signal, thus even out the extreme eqs of the wah. Putting it in the FX loop will make a really extreme wah effect. I have never heard that tom morello uses it in the FX loop, but it could be, seeing the extreme effects it makes. But I thought he had everything on his little board...

However, most FX loops are line level (+4 db), while most pedals prefer -10 db level. This can cause clipping and undesireable sounds, worst case smoking some components.
Quote by Lil'hl
This depends what you want to achieve. Most find wah before drive most desireable. That way, the overdrive will compress the signal, thus even out the extreme eqs of the wah. Putting it in the FX loop will make a really extreme wah effect. I have never heard that tom morello uses it in the FX loop, but it could be, seeing the extreme effects it makes. But I thought he had everything on his little board...

However, most FX loops are line level (+4 db), while most pedals prefer -10 db level. This can cause clipping and undesireable sounds, worst case smoking some components.

Actually everything on Morello's board is in the loop
Try it both ways see which one you like best.
RG320DXQM
RG4EXQM1
S370DX
GRGA42QA
Washburn WR 150
lotus les paul copy
special 112
valveking 100 watt head
ADA MP1 & MP2
QUDRAVERB
Msp4
MORLEY BAD HORSIE WAH
RX412 Randall cab
2x12 with eminence legends
I tried it once and it sounded horrible.

Kind of doubt that any professional does it, but whatever.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
In front of the guitar?! How? I think you mean in front of the amp

I've always found it sounds best before any drive.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Most people like the wah before the overdrive, which goes between the guitar and amp.
So, guitar > wah > overdrive > preamp > whatever you have in the FX loop > power amp.

However, I am of the opinion that experimentation is always a good thing.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Apr 7, 2012,