Page 1 of 2
this life has asked too much of us. our past generations have seriously ****ed things up for us. and if we don't put a stop to it, we are seriously going to **** things up for our kids. it is up to guys like us to be the change we want to see in the world.

right?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Musicforyou17
Yes go kill your parents and grandparents to help the resistance

viva la resistance

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Why should our kids get to be happy if we didn't?

lol
thats what SHE said

HarvEdit:

Last edited by Harvey Swick at Apr 7, 2012,
people always talk about leaving a better planet for our kids, i call bulls**t to that phrase

i'd prefer to leave better kids for our planet.

because let's face it, MOST ''kids'' of today (anyone younger than me, also most people my age) [23] are little sh*ts. they don't care about anyone or anything so kids need to be taught respect for things. granted our parents and grandparents may not have been the best ever, but that's been and gone, wipe the slate clean and do something about it. not bitch and moan on the internet, that gets us nowhere does it?

so to paraphrase a john mayer song, stop waiting for the world to change, and do something about it.
You can't do it anymore? That's unfortunate.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i neither approve nor disapprove of this notion
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
Quote by Harvey Swick
this life has asked too much of us. our past generations have seriously ****ed things up for us. and if we don't put a stop to it, we are seriously going to **** things up for our kids. it is up to guys like us to be the change we want to see in the world.

right?

Yeah, you are 100% correct TS. I'm sick of such a miserable life in a warm, comfy home, surrounded by various entertainment & communications appliances. I'm so sick of having disposable income, friends and living in a safe environment. What a terrible existence we have here in the west, makes me so depressed I often wonder if this life has asked too much of us...
Would you pay for UG?

Quote by Duffman123
Fuck no lol.

If I want to pay for awful news articles I'll buy the Daily Mail.
Last edited by axe_thrasher at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by jetfuel495
Well shit.

Let's just all vow to never have kids. Then they wont be subject to such misery!

Whoa, never thought I'd live to see the day that ideas like mine are said by anyone in the pit. Or anyone anywhere.
Quote by axe_thrasher
Yeah, you are 100% correct TS. I'm sick of such a miserable life in a warm, comfy home, surrounded by various entertainment & communications appliances. I'm so sick of having disposable income, friends and living in a safe environment. What a terrible existence we have here in the west, makes me so depressed I often wonder if this life has asked too much of us...

i am glad you can see my point of view
we need to change things around. get back to a baseline.

Your threads are borderline as bad as killjoy_bentley's, but without the irritating polls.

There's nothing wrong with the world, the world is exactly the same as it's always been. The problem is the people. Raise your kids properly, make sure they aren't rude, lazy, disrespectful and spoiled like a lot of kids are now, and all the so-called 'problems' you imagine will disappear.
Quote by BelowTheSun
Your threads are borderline as bad as killjoy_bentley's, but without the irritating polls.

There's nothing wrong with the world, the world is exactly the same as it's always been. The problem is the people. Raise your kids properly, make sure they aren't rude, lazy, disrespectful and spoiled like a lot of kids are now, and all the so-called 'problems' you imagine will disappear.

keyword there. borderline
thanks for the compliment.

HarvEdit: what do you want me to do? turn back time? whatever shall be shall be.
also if the world is the same but the dominant species is changing(aka"the problem"), doesnt that dominant species change the planet? think about it broham.

Last edited by Harvey Swick at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by BelowTheSun

POLLS ARE AWESOME, YOU LEAVE POLLS ALONE!

You're right though, the world's an amazing place, it's fantastic and so unbelievable, it's just sexy. I HAVE A HARD ON FOR THE WORLD.
Except for people, people you'll never get used to.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
There's too many people on this planet. We need a good ol' fashioned plague.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
I agree, the world is insane and it's quite easy to get cynical about it.
I'm going to invent a time machine and fix things in the past. Probably by bringing back dinosaurs.
Or something.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm going to invent a time machine and fix things in the past. Probably by bringing back dinosaurs.
Or something.

Pick me up a scarysaurus on your way back.

I'll give you my visa.
Quote by metalblaster

I'll give you my visa.

yo momma so old her last name is "asaurus"

Quote by metalblaster

I'll give you my visa.

Sure. What colour do you want, because I could probably paint it on the way back.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Nameless742
POLLS ARE AWESOME, YOU LEAVE POLLS ALONE!

You're right though, the world's an amazing place, it's fantastic and so unbelievable, it's just sexy. I HAVE A HARD ON FOR THE WORLD.
Except for people, people you'll never get used to.

Polls are fine, it's specifically killjoy_bentley's polls I have an issue with
Dear potheads,

No one finds your deep thoughts as compelling as you do when you're high.

Yours in #realtalk,
Erik
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
everyone pretending life/the world is like some special ****ing dream or miracle and everything is fine and dandy need to pull their head out of their ass
Quote by dazed60
everyone pretending life/the world is like some special ****ing dream or miracle and everything is fine and dandy need to pull their head out of their ass

5/10

The world we live in is far from perfect but we're extremely fortunate to even experience it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
shut up because I can't remember why but shut up because this isn't first generation that's faced this question and it sure as hell won't be the last so shut up cos I bet posting This on some website is the first thing you've 'done' about it so shut up until you do something about it and we've all done something about it and then we can Not Shut Up cos then we'll be doing something about it and then we can post about how we're doing something about it like all that Kony 2012 shit.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
5/10

The world we live in is far from perfect but we're extremely fortunate to even experience it.

hence suicide
Quote by dazed60
hence suicide

Many people get by and they're grateful for what they have. The world doesn't have to be perfect to appreciate it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Many people get by and they're grateful for what they have. The world doesn't have to be perfect to appreciate it.

It's good to see you being optimistic, Mac.

OT: Harvey, change your avatar. You're one of my favourite members, but those default avatars are so gay, and this is being said by a guy with a rainbow-maned pony as his display picture.
yeahhhhh..... our government and rulers are a bit too technologically and militarily advanced and have a bit too much power over the people. (not saying it's impossible... but...)

'Murica is ****ed with the NDAA and Patriot Act, not to mention the last executive order our dear POTUS passed.

Putin has a goddamn mother****ing Zombie gun.
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/06/11061093-reality-check-on-russias-zombie-ray-gun-program

'Murica's got a Heat Ray Gun

http://www.alternet.org/world/151864/6_creepy_new_weapons_the_police_and_military_use_to_subdue_unarmed_people?page=entire

Japan's nuclear reactors are going to **** us all over.

this worlds gone to shit, eh?

Quote by 'Leviathan'
It's good to see you being optimistic, Mac.

OT: Harvey, change your avatar. You're one of my favourite members, but those default avatars are so gay, and this is being said by a guy with a rainbow-maned pony as his display picture.

you're cool too leviathan
i kinda like the default avatars because it makes me less conspicuous.

OT: i didnt really mean to "jump on the Kony bandwagon" as it were, my idea is this, that by working consistently at making our lives progressively better and improving our lives by making small changes daily, we may be able to steer our future generations towards a better future

Quote by metal4eva_22

Is that supposed to be Dwight Schrute?
Good luck with that bro. The world is ****ed forever and ever
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
I remember hitting thirteen.

You're currently living in the time period with the best quality of life ever experienced by the general population. The very fact we have access to the internet means you have greater access to information than any human before us. You can go to a corner shop and survey food from every continent on the planet. Don't be an angsty ass and claim that there's some kind of diminishing quality of life - that stance is nothing more than pathetic.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Apr 24, 2012,
Blaming your parents and ancestors is such a cop out. No doubt they were too busy dealing with crap they had inherited from previous times to make a utopia for you. Get off your bum and do something more than making a thread.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by metal4eva_22

Funny, I know some high up people that agree with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVCavjaltM
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Todd Hart
I remember hitting thirteen.

You're currently living in the time period with the best quality of life ever experienced by the general population. The very fact we have access to the internet means you have greater access to information than any human before us. You can go to a corner shop and survey food from every continent on the planet. Don't be an angsty ass and claim that there's some kind of diminishing quality of life - that stance is nothing more than pathetic.

Its common knowledge nowadays in how studies have shown that depression has increased by 4000% among the general population, some causes include technology distracting us from interacting with other people. Especially the internet. Having a labyrinth of information at your fingertips does not make you happier. It just isolates you.

I agree that he is at a time in his life that is carefree though.
Quote by girlgerms007
Blaming your parents and ancestors is such a cop out. No doubt they were too busy dealing with crap they had inherited from previous times to make a utopia for you. Get off your bum and do something more than making a thread.

Perhaps he has abusive and mean parents? I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly. Its such a commonplace misconception that living a modern lifestyle makes one happier. Studies heavily contradict the claim.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 24, 2012,
Page 1 of 2