I just got these for free. Two mounted 8" speakers with the marshall logo on the front. I have no idea what to do with them. Any ideas what I should build? I'll post the project here.

Quote by Leon987
just build a cab around it, what other thing did you have in mind?
I'm not sure. I guess I should explain I only own a couple of combo amps, a 30W roland and a fender, so I was just a bit bewildered as to what to do with these speakers. I guess maybe it was an obvious question.
i dont know what speakers are in those, but maybe you could switch the old ones out for these (if they are better quality)
Quote by Leon987
i dont know what speakers are in those, but maybe you could switch the old ones out for these (if they are better quality)

Almost guaranteed not to be better than the other speakers he has. Park made some cool tube amps back in the 70s, but this is from the their 80s line. Park was basically the Squier of Marshall by then. Generally regarded as junk amps.

As for what to do with the speakers, you can make some cool nasty tones with them, but don't expect great crunch or great cleans. I'd either try to sell them or build something cool around them that is purely for the lulz.