I Play mostly Metal, some Rock, and blues.
You think it's worth for me to get a 7-String with Floyd??
Satan laughes as you eternaly rott
well, just ask yourself. do you want to do divebombs, squeals and flutters? If so, you may think that it is to much of hassle, but it isnt. If it was such a pain, why would it be one of the most popular trems in the world? the only people who hate floyd are the people who don't know how to use them. i'd say, go for the floyd.
Well, will you use it? I already have a fixed-bridge guitar, so I want one with a floating bridge next.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
if you will use it then get it but if you will never use it like me then it's not really worth it
Last edited by bass-fale47 at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by kiwiug
the only people who hate floyd are the people who don't know how to use them. i'd say, go for the floyd.

One of the most arrogant comments I've read in a while..

As said above, if you want to do divebombs, squeals and such, you need the Floyd Rose or FR-type tremolo. However, you can also get FR for those smooth vibratos to be done with the tremolo. If you won't ever do them, it's easier to change tuning with a fixed bridge. That's probably one of the most clear advantages when compared to FR.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by Sakke
One of the most arrogant comments I've read in a while..

As said above, if you want to do divebombs, squeals and such, you need the Floyd Rose or FR-type tremolo. However, you can also get FR for those smooth vibratos to be done with the tremolo. If you won't ever do them, it's easier to change tuning with a fixed bridge. That's probably one of the most clear advantages when compared to FR.

Whats the difference between changing strings on a Fixed Bridge compared to a FR?
Satan laughes as you eternaly rott
Much less hassle/problems, and greater stability on a fixed. Floyds need much setup, and setting my 7's floyd up took an hour at least just for the restring. Unless you need a trem, go fixed.
If you want to change tunings or string gauge on a Floyd, you have to rebalance the bridge and it takes about an hour to get it just right.
However, Floyds are really stable (except cheap licensed ones) when you set them up right. I haven't had to retune my guitar at all since last time I changed strings about a month ago.

So, if you change tunings a lot, just get a fixed bridge. It'll be much less hassle.
If however you don't change tunings a lot and want to do divebombs and Satch-style squeals, get a Floyd.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Having owned both a 7 with a floyd and one without, I'd say go without. The extra string makes them a little trickier to tune and balance compared to a 6 string floyd. Plus, you can change tunings with a fixed bridge.

With that being said, the next six string I'm getting will have a floyd.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.