Metal Forum Radio Apr 6: Слава Україні!

In honour of the Football European championship this summer, I have decided to do a two part mix for both the co-hosts. This time it's for The Ukraine, and my next one will be for Poland.
I'm sure a good few of you will be familiar with a lot of the tracks, if not through me going on about them. A few choices might seem a bit obvious such as the first track, but I don't care, it's a fantastic piece of music that deserves to be heard as often as possible.
I feel this country has such a wealth of music that there where many great artists that I didn't include, such as Hate Forest, Ulvegr, Lucifugum, Anthropolatri, Astrofaes, and even with the bands included there was a wealth of quality material to choose from.

So hopefully you'll enjoy, and maybe even find something new. And I hope to see you again in May for part two, Chwała Polsce

April 13 - Comadre
April 20 - The Wildchild
April 27 - ChemicalFire
May 4 - Riffmast
May 11 - PWF
May 18 - Annihislater
May 25 - severed-metal
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Apr 13, 2012,
Good mix. Not knowing anything Ukranian (I thought, until Drudkh came along), I had no clue what to expect. A bit of everything in there it seems. Didn't really take not of any names though, as I wouldn't know how to spell most of them. What was that third band with the cool synth stuff?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Gonna spin this before sleeping tonight. If Місяць Помсти makes an appearance, kudos.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
cheers guys

@Senor Kristian, the band was Сварга (or Svarga).
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/%D0%A1%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B0/17585
I saw their album and ep in a sale on some distro's site and took a risk. Turned out they where both really good. That track was from the album Символ Волі (which roughly translates as Symbol of The Freedom apparently.) It's nothing ground breaking, but a good solid and consistently good album.

@VampireGoldfish, Assuming your referring to Dub Buk, the track Місяць Помсти isn't on, but the track In Search of the Soul from the Місяць Помсти demo is. Hope you enjoyed if you did listen.
Let's get the business portion out of the way, would you mind throwing me up for the next available spot, please and thank you.

Secondly, I am going to listen to this tomorrow, big weekend full of nothing to do. Seems like a good time to get in touch with my Ukranian side.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR

@VampireGoldfish, Assuming your referring to Dub Buk, the track Місяць Помсти isn't on, but the track In Search of the Soul from the Місяць Помсти demo is. Hope you enjoyed if you did listen.

The demo, and yes I did.

One of my favorite Ukrainian demos.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Who is Comadre btw? Haven't seen him around ever.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
No idea,

Anni, it was a really good mix from what I remember. Really distinct music being played, with obvious oppressors sitting on top, Nokturnal Mortum. Haven't heard too much from anyone else on the list oddly enough, but I'll say that Viter and the band that came before them (No idea what their name was, since I can't read the language very well) were quite creepy.

Well, I've heard Khors before, but never really paid attention to them.
Ah I know him, he signed up last year, and posted a few times at the start of this year. He frequents the bloodstock forum. He mustn't have been on here in a while.

edit:
the band was Сварга (Svarga).
I agree with it having a distinct sound. I think eastern Europe in general has a recognisable sound when it comes to folk/black metal.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Apr 18, 2012,
Regardless, absolutely phenomenal bands. Gotta give you this one, after you whoring out folk metal or w/e, you brought your A game.