Hey forum!

I was watching some Boyce Avenue videos on YouTube a while back, and I came by this video that they uploaded....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBwJb7QchAU

....and after I watched it, I was completely blown away. I had never seen tabs displayed like this, and I was extremely inspired by what I saw. I soon realized that I had enough guitar and video editing skills to make something like that myself, so I decided to give it a shot.

Over the last week or so, I've been working on a 'how-to' video for the song 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love' by The Darkness. It turned out to be a lot more work than I had anticipated (due to the fact that I wanted the video to be extremely accurate), but the final results made it all worth it. You can check it out here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MQF9YrsYco

Please note that I am not actually playing the song in this video. I am simply miming along to an mp3 in order to 1). show what the song looks like when it is played, and 2). to be a reference to those learning the song.

It would be great if I could get some feedback on the video. I'm always open to constructive critcism, so please post any thoughts you might have. Otherwise, if you like what you see, a thumbs-up on the video would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!
Seems like a good idea

If I were t obe picky I'd say move the tab over to the left. I don't need to see what notes have just been played - the red line could be about 10% of the way along the bottom, then you could see more of what was coming up, especially in the solo.

EDIT: also put the tab at the top - it's dead annoying when the adverts pop up and cover the tab!

EDIT2: are you a lefty? perhaps flip the video round. looks odd seeing someones hand go backwards!
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by doive
Seems like a good idea

If I were t obe picky I'd say move the tab over to the left. I don't need to see what notes have just been played - the red line could be about 10% of the way along the bottom, then you could see more of what was coming up, especially in the solo.

EDIT: also put the tab at the top - it's dead annoying when the adverts pop up and cover the tab!

EDIT2: are you a lefty? perhaps flip the video round. looks odd seeing someones hand go backwards!

Great advice! Due to the fact that I am the person who uploaded the video, I never actually see the ads when the video is played, but it is something that I will take into account the next time I make an instructional video!

And yes, I am a lefty, haha. I figured I would most likely be asked questions about it regardless if I would have flipped it or not, so I just decided to leave it. But I'll take switching it into consideration!