Page 1 of 2
OK So i'm a British student in my second year of Biomedical Science, a course I thought would enable to me to work straight after university. However, with the recession, the NHS has been hit hard and are no longer training new Biomedical Scientists due to the cost.

I heard recently that overseas in the America's you guys are short on biomedical scientists. If your in the healthcare business, is this true? and roughly how much is starting wages? Thinking about travelling over for a few years to gain experience and cash so I can go back to university and study Medicine or at least begin to start my own life.

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
It seems like there's a shortage of grammar teachers in Britain, perhaps I should mosey on down and teach you boys and girls a thing or two. First and foremost the correct way to spell words like "color" and "flavor" without that superfluous "u" that you throw around like it grows on trees.
Quote by RU Experienced?
It seems like there's a shortage of grammar teachers in Britain, perhaps I should mosey on down and teach you boys and girls a thing or two. First and foremost the correct way to spell words like "color" and "flavor" without that superfluous "u" that you throw around like it grows on trees.

u mad?
Quote by RU Experienced?

You know in Britain that's how those words are spelled right? Same with Armor being Armour.
As I remember you guys talk English? A language that came from England funnily enough. American's didn't sprout out of the ground, they came from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy primarily. You guy changed the language. Our spellings are original. So don't correct me

Anyway, answers please?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
'RU Experienced' doesn't seem to live up to his username!
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
You know in Britain that's how those words are spelled right? Same with Armor being Armour.

Do they also contract "you are" into "your" in Britain?
Quote by vivalaheerey
As I remember you guys talk English? A language that came from England funnily enough. American's didn't sprout out of the ground, they came from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy primarily. You guy changed the language. Our spellings are original. So don't correct me

Anyway, answers please?

Yes, language evolves and improves over time, just like technology. I doubt you're still using a cathode ray television, so there's no reason for you to cling to your retarded spellings of words.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
u mad?

You could say I'm a little perturbed, yes.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Apr 7, 2012,
Ya, if Obamacare goes into effect in2014. You're not going to want to practice here.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yes, language evolves and improves over time, jut like technology. I doubt you're still using a cathode ray television, so there's no reason for you to cling to your retarded spellings of words.

Could you make a huge deal about anything more pointless?

Plus I thought that level of closed minded asshatery was limited to reddit.
It's not retarded, just correct and 'You are' is abbreviated into 'You're', 'Your' indicates something that belongs to someone.

Anyways, no smart-asses please, just some answers?
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by vivalaheerey

Anyway, answers please?

Most Americans are of German-speaking ancestry.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Could you make a huge deal about anything more pointless?

Plus I thought that level of closed minded asshatery was limited to reddit.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the entire academic school of linguistics was pointless. Go fuck yourself you condescending twat.

Quote by vivalaheerey
It's not retarded, just correct and 'You are' is abbreviated into 'You're', 'Your' indicates something that belongs to someone.

Anyways, no smart-asses please, just some answers?

Quote by vivalaheerey
I heard recently that overseas in the America's you guys are short on biomedical scientists. If your in the healthcare business, is this true?

You contradict yourself sir, which one is it?
In Canada doctors and nurses can get jobs very easily. Usually people with non-professional degrees have harder times finding jobs. I have no idea how much people make.
Stop arguing about grammar.
This is why you guys don't touch boobies.
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the entire academic school of linguistics was pointless. Go fuck yourself you condescending twat.

You contradict yourself sir, which one is it?

People might take you more seriously at your reading/writing skills if you could read well enough to tell that this post had absolutely nothing to do with grammar.
Let's face it, you guys are of a huge mix, but speak the English language primarily. I came here for some information and I'm getting a smart-ass elementary school girl correcting a guy with a B in A-Level English.

Thanks issac-bandits!
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by vivalaheerey
Let's face it, you guys are of a huge mix, but speak the English language primarily. I came here for some information and I'm getting a smart-ass elementary school girl correcting a guy with a B in A-Level English.

Thanks issac-bandits!

Back on track:

Healthcare is not a popular topic in America, as in, everyone hates it here for some reason, so it might not linger around much longer, that's all I can really tell you. Maybe someone else who actually knows what a biomedical whatsit can answer your question in more depth.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by zomgguitarz1234
People might take you more seriously at your reading/writing skills if you could read well enough to tell that this post had absolutely nothing to do with grammar.

I can only read the words that are written down/typed out. If it is written down with improper grammar the entire meaning of the sentence is changed which can change the perception of the entire thread. Not to mention it makes the writer look like a buffoon.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Hey, when are you twats planning on switching over to the metric system?

OT: I can't answer your question, sorry.

My favoUrite coloUr is blue as well.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by Philip_pepper

Precisely. Can we please get back on track? I just want to know whether I can travel and get some work
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by RU Experienced?
I can only read the words that are written down/typed out. If it is written down with improper grammar the entire meaning of the sentence is changed which can change the perception of the entire thread. Not to mention it makes the writer look like a buffoon.

So what you're telling me is if someone doesn't have 100% perfect grammar.... you get the whole perception of what they're saying ****ed up, even if it's something as simple as "Your" or spelling words how they are originally spelled in the country that the language is named after?

**** dude, your reading is even worse than I thought.
Personally, I have no idea.

I think I've got some friends in Canada studying that stuff. I don't know if it helps, but a friend of mine said Canada was the world leader for Biotechnology.

Also, I'd ask the Australians about the Australian situation with healthcare as well.
Quote by Maillouxlp18
Hey, when are you twats planning on switching over to the metric system?

OT: I can't answer your question, sorry.

My favoUrite coloUr is blue as well.

I don't know when, our system is admittedly quite arbitrary (5,280 feet per mile, 12 inches per foot, etc.). The metric system is much cleaner in that aspect and in academic circles we already adhere to it because it's important to have that universal standard system of measurement.

Also your passive aggressiveness rivals that of a woman.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
So what you're telling me is if someone doesn't have 100% perfect grammar.... you get the whole perception of what they're saying ****ed up, even if it's something as simple as "Your" or spelling words how they are originally spelled in the country that the language is named after?

You are soooooooooo mad.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by vivalaheerey
Precisely. Can we please get back on track? I just want to know whether I can travel and get some work

Honestly, I'm not sure how many people can really answer your question to its fullest extent. I know in America if you're a doctor it's really hard because there's no room for error at all. I forget what it is specifically.

I think its a mix of it's really hard to be certified, and if you make a slight error it really ****s you up. I'd look into this more though because I might be wrong, or over-exaggerating.

Quote by Gorelord666
You are soooooooooo mad.

The ghost in your profile picture is scary.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by Philip_pepper

I think I've got some friends in Canada studying that stuff. I don't know if it helps, but a friend of mine said Canada was the world leader for Biotechnology.

Also, I'd ask the Australians about the Australian situation with healthcare as well.

Also important to note, Australians drive on the manly side of the road.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by zomgguitarz1234

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Context is very important, and changing the meaning of one sentence can alter how one thinks about the rest of the post/article/whatever as a whole.

If you were more knowledgeable you'd know that there have been a myriad of studies showing that changing single words can drastically alter ones perception. For example, in a poll in a popular magazine the support for Hillary Clinton dropped drastically when they added "Rodham" into her name and reran the poll asking whether or not you support her.
Colour, labour, favour, neighbour, aluminium, honour, humour, flavour.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Context is very important, and changing the meaning of one sentence can alter how one thinks about the rest of the post/article/whatever as a whole.

If you were more knowledgeable you'd know that there have been a myriad of studies showing that changing single words can drastically alter ones perception. For example, in a poll in a popular magazine the support for Hillary Clinton dropped drastically when they added "Rodham" into her name and reran the poll asking whether or not you support her.

3/10
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Honestly, I'm not sure how many people can really answer your question to its fullest extent. I know in America if you're a doctor it's really hard because there's no room for error at all. I forget what it is specifically.

I think its a mix of it's really hard to be certified, and if you make a slight error it really ****s you up. I'd look into this more though because I might be wrong, or over-exaggerating.

The ghost in your profile picture is scary.

Cheers man, at least your one of the few who can remain on track.
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by RU Experienced?

Reminds me of how this kid I secretly hated ****ed up his response to someone trolling him he typed "You can't come in here and say that" to "U **** cum in her..."

But seriously though if misunderstood the original post I'm not really sure what to say.

Quote by vivalaheerey
Cheers man, at least your one of the few who can remain on track.

It should also be noted that about 90% of America hates the new healthcare system, and the Supreme Court is ruling on its legality, so don't count too much on our healthcare system being around.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Apr 7, 2012,
Quote by Philip_pepper

I was thinking of going there, but the cost of living is just unbelievable at the moment. I'm a student, so my currency is alcohol. Bottle of beer = £8/$15
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Page 1 of 2